Indian PS output up on demand
- EPS plummets in second quarter on weak demand. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;7/07/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2060, p11
Reports the decrease in the prices of expandable polystyrene in Europe in the second quarter of 2003. Reasons for the price decrease; Action planned by producers to address the problem; Increase in spot prices in Asia.
- Europe PS 'confusing' in October. Mellor, Truong // ICIS Chemical Business;11/2/2015, Issue 3685, p14
The article reports on the prices of European polystyrene (PS) in October 2015 that brought confusion and uncertain outlook among distributors for pricing in November 2015. It states the struggle of suppliers to meet demand amid downward pressure from lower raw material costs and tight supply....
- Plastics News resin pricing chart. // Plastics News;11/19/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p25
Several charts on resin prices including polystyrene end markets Food service, commodity thermoplastics, and recycled plastics are presented.
- Polystyrene. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/15/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p43
The article presents information related to polystyrene (PS). It is stated that competition from other materials, including paper, glass, wood, polypropylene (PP) is faced by the market. It is mentioned that in the 1930s, polymerization of styrene feedstock was done to commercially produce PS....
- PS Aug prices edge up. // Asian Chemical News;8/11/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 412, p26
Presents an update on polymer prices in the chemical industry as of August 2003. Increase in the prices of polystyrene from July through August 2003; Reason for the closure of Ethylene Malaysia chemical plant; Homopolymer prices in China.
- Europe PS prices set to follow SM. Packham, Iain // ICIS Chemical Business;2/24/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses prices for European polystyrene. The author says settlement prices for February 2014 are expected to reflect the 17-euro-per-ton increase seen for styrene monomer. One unidentified producer said it anticipates its orders for February will be priced between 15 euros and 20...
- Polystyrene Pricing Set to Rise Again. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;3/7/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the plan of polystyrene producers to increase prices. Growth of demand for polystyrene globally; Factors pressuring polystyrene pricing; Reaction of converters to rising polystyrene prices.
- PS falls by $90/tonne. // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p26
Provides information on polymer prices in Asia as of October 2003. Decline in general purpose polystyrene prices; Rise in Chinese domestic prices; Prices for polyvinyl chloride in September 2003.
- EPS. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2111, p14
Provides information on expandable polystyrene (EPS). EPS capacity of several producers in Europe; Characteristics and uses of EPS; Percentage increase in EPS demand in Europe in 2004.