IPA price at two-year high
- Isopropanol. Burrige, Elaine // European Chemical News;3/12004, Vol. 80 Issue 2089, p14
Reports on the state of the isopropanol market in Europe as of March 2004. Uses; Supply and demand; Pricing; Industry outlook.
- IPA up on tight supply. VICTORY, MARK; BOSWELL, CLAY; Lin, Yeow Pei; Terry, Larry; Weddle, Nel // ICIS Chemical Business;3/21/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 10, p22
The article offers information on European isopropanol (IPA) spot prices. It is said that European IPA prices have stabilized after jumping by around one-third in four weeks. IPA in Europe was assessed by ICIS at 1,923 dollars/tonne the week ending March 11, 2011. After an 11-day outage in early...
- IPA prices roll over amid some upward pressure. BARKER, CHRIS // ICIS Chemical Business;7/21/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 2, p22
The article discusses the European market for isopropanol (IPA) as of July 21, 2014, focusing on analysis of a price rollover and the impact of upward market pressures.
- Europe IPA prices rollover despite margin recovery attempts. Barker, Chris // ICIS Chemical Business;3/24/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 12, p25
The article reports that isopropanol producers in Europe are trying to improve profit margins by increasing prices but are facing lackluster demand as of March 12, 2014 and states that a major producer may have stopped bringing isopropanol into Europe due to higher import taxes.
- Propylene boosts prices downstream. BOSWELL, CLAY; Weddle, Nel; Meehan, Julia; Terry, Larry; Lemos, William // ICIS Chemical Business;1/24/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 4, p20
The article presents information on the impact of rising propylene prices. The inceasing price of propylene has affected the price of derivatives like butyl acetate, isopropanol (IPA) and monopropylene glycol (MPG). According to producers and consumers, there is still no signs of any reduction...
- Buyers fight huge hikes. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/9/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 23, p42
The article examines the economic condition of various chemicals in 2008. It is revealed that chemical prices continue to increase as the raw materials also increases. Ethylene contracts has increased by 1.50 centavos per pound and 2.50 centavos per pound for April and May 2008. Isopropanol...
- Some report pricing slump. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/21/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 22, p38
The article offers information concerning price hikes and pricing slump on chemicals including methylene chloride, methyl ethyl ketone, isopropanol and epichlorohydrin. It mentions that while more chemical products are increasing prices, Chinese epicholorohydrin prices dropped steeply for the...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 8, p18
The article offers news briefs related to intermediates. U.S. industrial-grade ethylene glycol (EGI) February 2012 contract pricing increased by 1 cent/lb (22/ tonne dollars) on the low end of the range due to tighter feedstock supplies. European Union February 2012 acrylonitrile (ACN) contracts...
- Europe IPA price drops following propylene settlement. Barker, Chris // ICIS Chemical Business;9/14/2015, Issue 3674, p6
The article reports on the decline of European isopropanol (IPA) spot prices due to lower feedstock levels and strong pressure from the buying side of the market, citing the expected further spot decreases later in September 2015 following the decrease in the propylene price.