Oleon puts cash into Belgium
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;9/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 35, p21
Presents updates on construction projects in the chemical industry as of September 11, 2002. Investment plan of Oleon for its fatty acids plant in Oelegem, Belgium; Expansion of the plant capacity of BASF for its decongestant pseudoephedrine in Minden, Germany; Construction project of Henan...
- Oleon bags Akzo's oleochem business. De Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;7/31/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 4, p27
The article reports on Akzo Nobel's divestment of its oleochemicals business in Emmerich, Germany to Oleon NV. The plant produces fatty acids, the by-product glycerin, specialty ketones and technical oils for metalworking fluids. The advantages of the acquisition for Oleon are explained. The...
- Oils, fats & waxes. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/9/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 14, p30
The article presents news briefs related to oils, fats and waxes. Cargill added omega-3 to its food ingredient portfolio to be launched in May 2007. China Clean Energy increased the biodiesel capacity of its facility in Fujian, China. Oleon plans to construct a fatty acid plant in Ertvelde, Belgium.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/12/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 17, p4
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry as of November 12, 2001. Decision of Norsk Hydro to sell its fatty acids chemicals company Hydro Oleochemicals to Oleon NV; Addition of Technical Coatings Co. to the business of Rohm and Haas Co.; Information on the new production plant of...
- AMERICAS. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/8/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 19, p6
This section offers news briefs relating to the oil and chemical industries in the U.S. as of December 14, 2014. The expanded ethylene plant of energy infrastructure company Williams Partners in Geismar, Louisiana is expected to begin ethylene production in December 2014. Chemical company Dupont...
- Oleon Inaugurates World's First Bio-Propylene Glycol Plant in Belgium. FRANTZANAS, SOTIRIOS // Chemical Week;7/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p16
The article reports on the opening of a bio-propylene glycol production plant in Ertvelde, Belgium by oleochemical firm Oleon, noting that the technology used at the facility will use waste glycerin instead of petroleum to produce propylene glycol.
- MARKET BRIEF. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/09/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 15, p10
Discusses the move of Procter & Gamble Chemicals to expand its product line with the offering of food-grade fatty acids. Details on the fatty acids to be offered by the company; Information on the collaboration of the company with the United States Department of Agriculture's National Center for...
- INCAPACITATED CAPACITY. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/12/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on the global capacity surge in the oleochemical industry. It offers updates on the expanded fatty alcohols, fatty acid or glycerin refinery plans. It cites the construction of a fatty acid plant in Ertvelde, Belgium and a fatty ester plant in Malaysia. It tackles the...
- Oleochem Industry Faces Oversupply As Asian Producers Add More Capacity. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;5/21/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 21, p16
Reports that the global oleochemical industry is facing weakening demand and oversupply problems in 2001. Factor blamed for the industry's problems; Malaysian oleochemical companies that plan to expand production capacity; Estimated total oleochemical capacity in Malaysia by the end of 2002.