Toast the good times
- Gasoline and crude boost prices. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p42
This article looks at trends and developments in the petrochemical industry as of April 10-16, 2006. Producers nominated a rollover or a one cent/pound rise for April butadiene contracts. The U.S. market recently faced some consolidation in the merchant market as Texas Petrochemicals agreed to...
- Staying on top? Leighton, Philip // European Chemical News;Sep2003 Supplement, p22
Examines the competitiveness of the European petrochemicals industry and the impact of recent merger and acquisition activity, as of September 2003. Requirements to maintain the cost competitiveness of domestic petrochemical companies; Types of merger and acquisition activity in the European...
- Petrochem Powerhouse. Kepp, Michael // Latin Trade (English);Dec2003, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the efforts by the Brazil government to create competitors for Braskem, Brazil's largest petrochemical group. Mergers pursued by the government; Role of state oil giant Petrobras in the drive for mergers by the Brazil government; Petrochemical companies which are candidates for...
- Honam enhances its dominance. Hariharan, Malini; Bantillo, Pearl; Suratman, Nurluqman // ICIS Chemical Business;8/2/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that the acquisition of Malaysia's Titan Chemicals Corp. Bhd by South Korea's Honam Petrochemical Corp. has made the latter's presence in the industry emphatic. The acquisition was aimed to strengthen its competitiveness in the petrochemicals industry and enhance its...
- Dynamic, difficult year for acquisitions. // Plastics News;7/4/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p6
This article focuses on the business activity in the mergers and acquisitions market in the year 2005. In the first six months of 2005, the sheer volume of healthy plastics processors attempting an ownership change has climbed to staggering levels. The equity firms attempting to sell companies...
- Japan consolidated. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p5
The article reports that the chemical industry of Japan is preparing the major consolidation of its petrochemical facilities to boost competitiveness on the global stage.
- Impact on India of consolidation in the global petrochemical industry. Lashkari, Z. F. // Chemical Business;Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p25
Discusses the impact of consolidation in the worldwide petrochemical industry on India. Motivation for consolidation; Overview of major consolidation activity worldwide; Benefits of the strategy; Description of the Indian scenario.
- New strategies to better manage boom-bust cycles in petrochemicals. // Chemical Business;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p31
Suggests strategies to manage boom-bust cycles in the petrochemicals industry. Disadvantages of mergers in the industry; Information on the condo cracker; Advantages of time-share cracker.
- Government Seeks Polyolefin Mergers. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p17
Reports that Korea's Commerce, Industry and Energy Ministry is pushing for further consolidation of the country's eight polyolefin producers into four groups. Importance of mergers to the petrochemical industry; Production capacity of Korea's olefins and polyolefin producers.