A tale of two commodities
- Singapore's July petchem manufacturing output on 12.5% on year. // Chemical Business;Sep2010, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p70
The article reports on the statement issued by the Economic Development Board of Singapore, that the country's petrochemical manufacturing output has increased annually by 12.5% as of July 2010 which is attributed to enhanced profits from refineries.
- Jan-Aug Profits Grew 45% in China's Petroleum and Chemical Industry. // China Chemical Reporter;11/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p7
The article reports on the 45.4% annual growth in profits of the petroleum and chemical industry in China from January to August 2010.
- Maintaining Capital Discipline. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/30/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p5
Introduces several featured articles regarding the petrochemical industry including the profits posted by the ExxonMobil Chemical.
- Well connected. Longley, Roger // European Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2037, p22
Examines the development of the pipeline network. Importance of the network in the European petrochemical plants; Increase in the construction of pipelines; List of the olefin pipeline projects.
- European Petrochemicals Flat But Looking to Growth in 2003. Davis, Nigel // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p9
Highlights the European Petrochemical Association (EPCA) meeting held in Berlin, Germany stating the decrease of corporate profits in European petrochemicals industry. Possible decrease of revenues of the fourth quarter of the year 2002; Impact of inventory destocking on the fourth quarter of...
- CENTRAL & SOUTH EAST EUROPE: Petrochemicals. // CIREC Monthly News;Jan2012, Issue 254, p2
The article offers information on the pre-results statement of PKN Orlen SA regarding its 2011 fourth quarter operating profits which dropped 87% against the same quarter in 2010 in Central and Southeast Europe. It mentions that the main factors that influenced the quarter-on-quarter performance...
- Innovene: Robust results posted ahead of IPO plans. Sinclair, Neil // Chemical Market Reporter;8/1/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p11
Explains that higher margins and volumes have enabled British Petroleum to report a replacement-cost profit before interest and taxes in the second quarter for its Innovene olefins and derivatives business. Profit lower compared to the first quarter of 2005; Improvement compared to the loss in...
- Europe VAM gap too big for US to fill. Kelley, Lane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/27/2104, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p23
The article discusses predictions that vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) plants in the U.S. will be unable to fill the gap in Europe resulting from European plant closures. Topics addressed include the need for more VAM production from Asia, the shutdown of VAM plants in Great Britain and Spain, and...
- Sabic profits soar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/3/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the profits posted by Saudi Arabia-based petrochemical firm Saudi Basic Industries Corp. in the third quarter of 2000. Total sales revenue; Plan for major investments.