CHEMICAL INDUSTRY HAPPY WITH BILL DEFEAT
- Biden Seeks Hazmat Override. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;6/27/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 26, p26
Focuses on the Reduction Act of 2005 introduced by Senator Joseph Biden, which would require the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to develop a risk-based strategy for handling certain hazardous materials rail shipments. Need for protecting Americans from a terrorist attack; Unwillingness of...
- Biden Bill Would Reroute HazMat Rail Cargoes. Smith, Ryan W. // Chemical Week;6/29/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 22, p13
Reports on the legislation that would require railroads to reroute cars carrying dangerous chemicals, including propane, away from heavily populated areas which was proposed by U.S. Senator Joe Biden (D.-Del.). Specific provisions of the bill; Criticism expressed by the Association of American...
- Delaware (DE). // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2009, p1467
An encyclopedia entry for Delaware (DE) is presented. Also known as the Diamond State, the state has Dover as its capital. As of 2007, its estimated population is 864,764. Its chief industries include chemicals, agriculture and finance. Some known Delawareans are Thomas F. Bayard, Joseph Biden...
- INCREASING MARKET OPPORTUNITIES THROUGH STANDARDIZATION AND RESPONSIBLE CARE PROGRAM. Muha, Robert // Transport Problems: an International Scientific Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p99
The development of Environment Management Systems (EMS) commenced as a response to global environmental issues and as a recognition of awareness that sustainable development is prerequisite for keeping the natural system in a proper balance. Transport of dangerous goods by road is quite a...
- Shipping Costs Move Up. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;12/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 42, p18
Reports on the congestion and undercapacity problems facing the chemical industry in the U.S. Impact of safety and security regulations on chemical shipment operations; Reason behind the deterioration of rail service in the country; Reason of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters for...
- Washington City Council Debates Hazmat Rerouting Bill. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;2/4/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on a debate among chemical and environmental groups regarding the Terrorism Prevention and Safety in Hazardous Materials Transportation Act of 2003 which would prevent carriers of explosives from passing through Washington D.C. Risks of transporting the toxic chemicals according to Kip...
- The Bill of Rights. // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/92, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p322
Presents a speech by US Senator from Delaware Joseph R. Biden, `The Bill of Rights,' delivered before the New Hampshire Bar Association in Manchester, New Hampshire on January 24, 1992, stating some of the reasons why the Bill of Rights has succeeded.
- `A stone in one's shoe': Running with integrity. Wall, J.M. // Christian Century;10/7/87, Vol. 104 Issue 28, p843
Discusses several criteria for judging presidential candidates in light of the recent collapse of Senator Joseph Biden's White House ambitions. Plagiarism; Media coverage; Scruples.
- Senator & Presidential candidate. // Newsweek;3/30/1987, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p4
Senator Daniel Inouye announced he will chair the Biden for President Committee for Senator (D-Delaware) Joseph Biden's 1988 bid for the Democratic nomination.