Solutia jettisons Dequest
- Thermphos Closes Phosphonates Deal. // Chemical Week;6/13/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 20, p39
The article reports that Solutia has completed the sale of Dequest, its water treatment phosphonates business, to Thermphos Trading for $67 million, subject to a working capital adjustment. Thermphos is a producer of phosphorus and phosphorous derivatives. Solutia will continue operating the...
- 5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 11, p8
The article presents news briefs on the petroleum chemicals industry. Dequest, the water treatment phosphates business of Solutia, will be sold to Thermphos Trading for $67 million. A proposal to reduce tariffs on high-density polyethylene (HDPE) to 2 percent from 18 percent is being studied by...
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;3/21/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p44
The article presents news briefs related to mergers and acquisitions in the chemical industry. Sika plans to acquire MRT Construction Products, a supplier of concrete admixtures to the Canadian market. Solutia has reached a definitive agreement to sell Dequest, its water treatment phosphonates...
- Trade and Improvements: Young America and the Transformation of the Democratic Party. Eyal, Yonatan // Civil War History;Sep2005, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p245
Addresses the new economic orientation of Young America Democrats, or what contemporaries often called young Democrats. Organization of a relatively self-conscious movement by the young Democrats; Role played by August Belmont in this party transformation; Refusal of the Young America Democrats...
- LANXESS ACQUIRES SOLUTIA'S PERKALINK BUSINESS. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;11/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 27, p13
The article reports on the sale of Solutia's Perkalink anti-reversion agent venture to Lanxess.
- SOLUTIA SELLS RUBBER CHEMS BUSINESSES. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 5, p9
The article reports that Solutia Inc. has sold its dithiocarbamates and tetrabenzylthiuram disulfide businesses to Performance Additives Europe.
- Solutia Plans Phosphorus Sale, Nylon Alliance Near. // Chemical Week;9/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the plan of Solutia to sell its phosphorus derivatives business. Company's effort to pursue the deal; Joint venture plans of Solutia.
- FINANCE. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;1/2/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the amount of after-tax charge which Solutia chemical company expected to post in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2001. Uses of the after-tax charge; Forecast on the decline in price of Solutia stocks; Move of Solutia to file for a shelf registration with the Securities and Exchange...
- Financial brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/02/98, Vol. 254 Issue 18, p21
Reports on the financial performance of Solutia in the third quarter of 1998. Gain in earnings despite lower sales.