Kronos income up on previous year
- Titanium Dioxide Pricing Firms. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/22/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 18, p9
Reports on the strengthening of the market for titanium dioxide as producers implement price increase in the U.S. Effort of Huntsman Tioxide to restructure its titanium dioxide business; Strong demand for titanium dioxide; Financial performance of Kronos Inc. for the third quarter of 2004.
- Bidding for Lyondell TiO2 heats up. Bains, Elizabeth; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/15/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the sale Lyondell's titanium dioxide business. Huntsman, Tronox and Kronos are just three of the bidders interested in buying the business of Lyondell. The bid price was said to range from $900 million to $1 billion. A Kronos official said that the company is looking at...
- Review of China's Titanium Dioxide Industry. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p17
The article examines the titanium dioxide industry of China. It mentions that the industry has experienced a steady increase in output, dramatic rise in price to enhance profitability as well as the growth in achieving self-sufficiency and export sector. In addition, the country lacks high-grade...
- Kerr-McGee Considers Sale of Chemicals Unit. Walsh, Kerri; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the plans of Kerr-McGee to sell its titanium dioxide unit. Profit gained from the unit in 2004; Reason behind the plans to sell the chemical unit; Locations of its titanium dioxide chemical plants.
- NL spins off Kronos unit. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;9/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2066, p9
Unveils the plan of NL Industries to spin off its Kronos titanium dioxide unit in September 2003. Value of the company; Background of Kronos.
- TiO[sub 2] producers raise prices. de^Guzman, Doriz // ICIS Chemical Business;9/20/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on the price hikes of titanium dioxide effective September or October 2010 worldwide. It notes that Kronos Worldwide Inc., Tronox Inc. and DuPont Titanium Technologies in the U.S. increased their prices by eight cents per pound and countries including Latin America and...
- Hopes for TiO2 hikes. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/15/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p26
The article reports on the titanium dioxide market. With activity in Europe's titanium dioxide market starting to gather pace, producers are hopeful that they can finally achieve long sought-after price increases. After a quiet start in 2006, consumption in the second quarter has exceeded...
- More declines for NA TiO2 expected. TERRY, LARRY // ICIS Chemical Business;10/22/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 11, p14
The article discusses price forecasting and sales of titanium dioxide (TiO2) in North America in October 2012. Year-end destocking, the chemical market, and pigment prices are discussed for the North American chemicals industry. Buyers' and sellers' attitudes and the chemical producer Kronos are...
- Titanium Dioxide Market Still Faces Hurdles to a Recovery. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p21
Presents an overview of the titanium dioxide market in the U.S. for the year 2003. Impact of the economic conditions for the industry; Production of titanium dioxide; Price increases for titaniumn dioxide; Implications for the chemical industry.