SEZs on way out in India
- Zhangzhou seeks chems investors. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 396, p20
States that Zhangzhou Gulei Port Economic Zone is seeking investors for a number of chemical projects in Zhangzhou, Fujian Province, China. Information on the projects; History of the economic zone; Talks held by the authorities from the zone with potential local investors. INSET: Yide plans...
- Ren Zone gets national look. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the attention given by corporations and businesses to Grand Rapids, Michigan's Renaissance Zone. Advertisements for the zone; Putting together an informational package explaining the zone's rules and tax benefits.
- What Future for Special Economic Zones? L. Ż. // Warsaw Voice;Apr2013, Issue 4, p54
The article discusses the future of special economic zones in Poland.
- Japan's Ocean Policy: Still the Reactive State? Manicom, James // Pacific Affairs;Jun2010, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p307
In 2005-2006 Japan began asserting the jurisdictional rights to its maritime domain with greater authority than ever before. Tokyo prepared to conduct exploratory drilling in the disputed East China Sea and passed new laws to permit the full realization of Japan's maritime rights and...
- Great Opportunity in the UEZ. // njbiz;6/16/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p17
Describes the Newark Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) in Newark, New Jersey. Business development incentives provided to companies within the UEZ; Jobs created by the UEZ; Benefits of UEZ status.
- India must go global. Aiyar, Shankkar // India Today;1/18/2010, p20
The article discusses what India must do to remain viable in the future. It states that as the nation's economy and population expands, it cannot rely on its own resources to support increasing demand. It must therefore acquire assets outside its borders such as farms, oil wells and factories,...
- Taking It EZ. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31798, p31
Focuses on the the enterprise zone (EZ) bonds of the District of Columbia. Deadline of the statutory authorization of the program; Transaction terms of the EZ bond deal.
- Massacre at Nandigram. Mukherjee, Ritwik // Business Today;4/8/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p50
The article discusses the impact of the March 14, 2006 Nandigram massacre on the government and industry in India. The farmers' battle over land acquisitions for a special economic zone (SEZ) resulted to deaths of several people. Police claimed that they were liberating the villagers from the...
- Part Four: Aqaba Special Economic Zone: Aqaba Special Economic Zone: A Destination for Investment. // Doing Business with Jordan;2004, p251
This article deals with the opportunities offered by the Aqaba Special Economic Zone to investors. Profiles of the major projects in the economic zone are presented. The type of industries in the zone are listed. Information on the tourist sites are provided.