K+S reports a rise in profits
- Salt can travel for longer. // Food Engineering International;Apr2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p48
Reports the installation of salt packaging system at Kali & Salz in Germany. Impact of the system on salt's shelf life capabilities; Design of MAF Tightpackers from MAF-Verpackungstechnik; Capabilities of the system; Availability of the system.
- Seven gas turbines for potash mines. // Modern Power Systems;Oct94, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p7
Reports on mining company Kali & Salz's plan to install seven new gas turbines in German mines.
- BASF sells potash shares, hikes PO. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/22/97, Vol. 252 Issue 25, p6
Reports on BASF AG's sale of its shares in Kali and Salz Beteiligungs AG, the holding company for the potash producer Kali and Salz. Comments on the sale; Failure of Potash Corp. to acquire a majority share in Kali and Salz Beteiligungs.
- Germans call for potash approval. // Chemical Week;10/6/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the call of worker representatives of Kali & Salz and Mittledeutsche Kali for European Commission's industry commissioner Karel Vanmert to approve their planned merger. Advantages to be gained by the German potash market; Duration of the investigation of the merger proposals.
- EC nixes aid to Kali und Salz. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/24/97, Vol. 252 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the European Commission's opposition to the proposed state aid for German potash manufacturer Kali und Saltz owned by BASF. Reflection of the commission's tougher stance on government financial assistance to chemical and related manufacturers in the European Union; Concerns about the...
- PCS takeover of Kali und Salz may be leading to EC inquiry. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;04/07/97, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on the possible investigation by the European Commission (EC) of the proposed takeover by Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan (PCS) of German potash producer Kali und Salz GmbH. German cartel office's ban of deal; Impact of the deal on potash industry; Hostility expressed by French government...
- Hunger strike at German potash mine. // Chemical Week;7/28/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the failure of a workers hunger strike to reverse Germany's Treuhandanstalt privatization agency's closure order for Bischofferode potash mine in Thuringia. Closure as part of merger between Mitteldeutche Kali (MDK) and Kali+Salz (K+S); Strikers' demand; European Commission...
- Germany may thwart fertilizer deal. // Chemical Week;1/22/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the German Federal Cartel Office's prohibition of Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan's acquisition of the controlling interest in Kali und Salz from BASF.
- Kali+Salz sales to top DM2 billion. // Chemical Week;10/8/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the 1997 sales expected by Kali+Salz Beteiligungs company for its subsidiary K+S GmbH. 1996 sales of K+S GmbH; Total production each year posted by K+S in western Europe.