5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- TAIWAN'S CPC PROCEEDS WITH SCRAP-AND-BUILD CRACKER. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/3/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 20, p19
This article reports on the decision of CPC Corp. to pursue its scrap-and-build project to add ethylene capacity at the company's petrochemical manufacturing complex in Linyuan, Taiwan. The company secured approval for the project after it agreed to reduce the planned capacity of a steam...
- ExxonMobil Expands Aromatics Capacity in Rotterdam. // Chemical Week;10/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 32, p21
The article reports that ExxonMobil Chemical has announced that it will increase its para-xylene capacity by 25% and benzene capacity by 20% at its Botlek facility in the port of Rotterdam. The company says it will start work on the project by the end of 2007. Matt Aguiar, vice president/basic...
- Lummus Rags Olefins Contracts in Taiwan. // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p13
The article reports that CPC Corp. of Taipei, Taiwan has selected ABB Lummus Global to provide technologies for a petrochemical complex at Lin Yuan, near Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Lummus will supply its ethylene; olefins conversion technology (OCT); and butadiene extraction processes for the complex,...
- ExxonMobil to build butyl rubber, resin plants in Singapore. // Chemical Business;Mar2014, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p95
The article reports on the plan of ExxonMobil Chemical to develop premium halobutyl rubber and Escorez hydrogenated hydrocarbon resin facilities at its petrochemical complex in Singapore in 2014.
- ExxonMobil mulls second Singapore cracker. Lohan, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;6/26/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 25, p12
The article reports that Exxonmobil Chemical Co. has been studying the feasibility of another steam-cracking complex in Singapore. The second steam cracker would add to the company's global supply capability. Tenders for the construction of a diversion to the main highway near the proposed site...
- ExxonMobil to Strengthen Its PAO Operations. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/10/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 19, p2
Reports that ExxonMobil Chemical will upgrade its polyalphaolefins (PAO) plant in Beaumont, Texas to produce a line of low-volatility PAO products called, Group IV+. Features of the upgraded PAO materials; Schedule of construction; Benefits of the upgraded PAO products.
- ExxonMobil Confirms Second Petchem Complex in Singapore. Coons, Rebecca; Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;9/5/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 29, p41
The article reports that ExxonMobil Chemical will proceed with building a multibillion-dollar steam cracker complex at Singapore. The company had been mulling the project since late 2004. The project will be integrated with its existing Singapore site, providing feedstock, operating, and...
- Exxon Mobil Chemical Expands DINP in Guangdong. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p12
Reports on ExxonMobil Chemical's expansion of its plasticizer and oxo alcohol plants in Asia Pacific. Capacity of the plasticizer plant in Panyu, Guangdong Province of South China; Capacity at ExxonMobil oxo alcohol plant on Jurong Island in Singapore; Benefits of the company's series of...
- Untitled. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/21/97, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p1
Presents a photograph of Exxon Chemical Corp.'s polypropylene plant in Baytown, Texas.