Q4 profits down by a quarter at Basell
- 5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/30/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 17, p7
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of May 6, 2007. The corporate profit of ExxonMobil for the first quarter increased by 30% amounting to $1.24 billion. Polyolefins maker Basell plans to reopen a polypropylene plant at Bayport, Texas in the second quarter of 2008....
- Shell picks up impairment charges for chemicals. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;1/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2082, p8
Reports on the effect of Basell's poor performance on impairment charges for Shell's chemical activities as of January 2004. Statement from Shell regarding a continued deterioration in the business environment; Move of Shell to pursue its strategy outlined in 2003; Amount of net charges expected...
- BASIC CHEMICALS. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Chemicals;2004 2nd Quarter, p36
No abstract available.
- Latin America. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;10/24/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 26, p23
The article explores the financial performance of chemical firms in Latin America in 2011. It says that the companies benefited from the improving financial state of the international chemical industry. According to the author, enterprises in the emerging markets experienced slow growth as...
- VITAL STATISTICS - KEY CHANGES. PEARLMAN, ARNOLD // Chemical Week;10/24/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 26, p40
The article discusses key changes and trends in the U.S chemical industry in October 2011. It says that the growth of the industry was observed to be slow in the second quarter of the year. According to the author, the earnings of the chemical firms in the country increase by 3.3 per cent from...
- Bayer Reports Strong Results; Launches Innovation Initiative. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/16/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 39, p15
This article reports on the financial performance of Bayer for the third quarter of 2005. The company posted â‚¬691 million, compared with â‚¬343 million in the year-earlier quarter. Sales were 19% higher, at â‚¬6.53 billion. Announcing the results in Leverkusen in November 2005,...
- BASF profits up despite high naphtha. // European Chemical News;11/7/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2170, p9
This article reports on the financial performance of chemical firm BASF for its third quarter operation, which it posted in November 2005. The company reported earnings before interest and tax up 13% while quarterly sales gained 11%. The company warned it expected fourth quarter earnings to be...
- Bayer results show good growth for year. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/14/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 17, p12
Reports on the financial performance of Bayer AG, a chemical company based in Germany, for the third quarter of 2005. Increase in the revenues for the third quarter; Net income; Sources of income.
- DSM remains bullish despite bad quarter. // European Chemical News;11/3/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2075, p8
Reports on the financial results posted by DSM in the third quarter of 2003. Decline in operating profits; Causes of the decline; State of the company's pharmaceutical and elastomer activities.