5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- PE Prices Peak; PP Increases Continue. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/30/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p25
Reports on the price of polyethylene (PE) as of April 30, 2003. Assessment of the PE demand; Importance of tight polypropylene (PP) supply to producers; Growth forecast of the PP demand in Canada and the U.S.
- Seasonal Uptick Delayed for PE and PP. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/9/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the instability of the markets for polyethylene and polypropylene in the wake of high inventories and sluggish demand as of June 2003. Impact on the primary market of the addition of off-grade material into the secondary market; Decrease in prices for refinery-grade propylene.
- Philippines Cracker Construction Is Delayed but Moving. McPadden, Mike // Chemical Market Reporter;03/19/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 12, p16
Discusses the proposed construction of a naptha cracker in the Philippines. Production capacity of the cracker; Tariffs for polypropylene and polyethylene imports; How the proposed budget of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo will affect the investment incentives package for petrochemical producers.
- Strong showing. // Process Engineering;May2006, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p33
The article offers information on the ACHEMA company's 2006 28th International Exhibition-Congress on Chemical Engineering to be held at the Messe Frankfurt exhibition center in Germany on May 15-19, 2006.
- PE, PP price rally comes to a halt. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 434, p24
Reports on the decline in prices of polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) in Asia in February 2004. Decline in price of film-grade PP in China; Factors which contributed to the price decline of PE and PP; Impact of the weakened PE and PP prices on ethylene and propylene prices.
- PP expansion wave swells; no new PE capacity yet planned. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;10/5/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p14
Reports on North America's production capacity for polypropylene and polyethylene. Phillips Chemical's joint venture with Sumika in polypropylene production; Dow Canada's, Formosa Plastics' and Himont's production of polyethylene.
- Chinese PE and PP market fears build. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 385, p27
Reports on the condition of polyethylene and polypropylene producers in South Korea in 2003. Factors that caused traders and industry observers to be concerned about decisions over operating rates; Possible effect of the Iraq War on the industry.
- CONFERENCES & EVENTS. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/5/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 56, p44
A calendar of events related to the chemical industry is presented. The Polyethylene & Polypropylene Global Technology & Business Forum Annual World Congress will be held in ZÃ¼rich, Switzerland on March 6, 7 and 8, 2007. The Fertilizer Latin America Conference 2007 will be held in Florida...
- Turkish PE, PP markets slow. Tudball, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;3/31/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 13, p20
The article discusses the impact of limited buying and trading activity on the Turkish polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP)prior to the nation's regional elections on March 30, 2014. Topics include the performance of the Turkish lira against the U.S. dollar, the slow market ahead of the...