5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH
- Korean hdPE hits $700. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 389, p22
Presents news briefs related to the Asian chemical industry as of February 2003. Increase in the price of high density polyethylene; Factors which pushed the prices of polystyrene; Increase in the prices of other chemicals.
- PE demand surge assuages Sars fears. // Asian Chemical News;11/10/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 423, p27
Reports on the increase in demands for polyethylene (PE) in China amid SARS epidemic, for the period of January to September 2003. Comparison of PE shipments in the said period in 2002 and 2003; Increase in high density PE imports in the country.
- hdPE. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p17
Focuses on the optimism of high-density polyethylene (hdPE) producers in Europe for the year 2004. Applications of hdPE; Performance of the hdPE market in 2003; Annual capacity of Europe's hdPE producers; Contract price performance of hdPE; Information on technology for manufacturing hdPE;...
- Asian Ethylene Exceeds U.S. // Chemical Week;2/1/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on how rebounding demand, higher feedstock prices, and cracker outages in Asia have driven up ethylene spot prices in the region in January 2006, bringing Asian prices above U.S. spot prices. A remark from Don Carson, analyst at Merrill Lynch of New York, on high-density...
- Marun starts PE exports. VISWANATHAN, PREMA // Chemical Market Reporter;5/8/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 18, p13
The article reports that Iranian producer, Marun Petrochemical has exported the first polyethylene (PE) cargoes from its plant at Bandar Imam to its customers on a trial basis. According to the article, results from several trial sales in the domestic market has shown that customers of Marun are...
- Ukraine. // CIREC Monthly News;Apr2012, Issue 256, p19
The article offers chemical industry news briefs for Ukraine as of March 30, 2011. Lisichansk refinery (Linik) has stopped production of petroleum products in March due to TNK-BP losses. The consumption of high density polyethylene (HDPE) in the country has increased by 24% in 2011 over 2010....
- Untitled. Klump, Michelle // ICIS Chemical Business;8/12/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 28, p56
The article focuses on the contract prices of high density polyethylene (HDPE) grades after the settlement reached among HDPE producers to postpone the proposed increases until August 2013. It mentions the move of some producers in pushing for the 2 cent/pound (lb) increase for HDPE grades due...
- Making sense of China's boom time. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;9/21/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 10, p5
The article presents the author's comments on the issues related to the chemical industry in China. He says that global chemical industry is looking at Chinese market for recovery in demand for chemicals. The import of high density polyethylene (HDPE) in China increased by more than 100% in the...
- TPE hdPE expansion. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 408, p19
Reports on the plan of Thai Polyethylene to expand its third high-density polyethylene (hdPE) line in Mab Ta Phut, Thailand in November 2003. Increase in the production capacity of hdPE by November 2003; Other hdPE lines that are owned by Thai Polyethylene.