Sho-saiko-to, A Clinically Documented Herbal Preperation for Treating Chronic Liver Disease
- Japanese herbal medicines benefit patients with gastrointestinal disorders. // Foods Matter (USA);Jun2009, p17
The article discusses a study that examined the health benefits offered by Japanese herbal medicines on patients with gastrointestinal (GI) disorders. It reviewed Japanese herbal medicines, including rikkunshi-to, dai-kenchu-to and hangeshashin-to. Results have shown that such medicines were...
- Antihepatotoxic effect of Elephantopus scaber L. on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Battu, Ganga rao; Rao, Y. Venkateswara; Dasari, V. S. Praneeth // Recent Research in Science & Technology;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p21
Elephantopus scaber was used in folk medicine in several countries to treat different diseases. Liver diseases are major World wise health Problems. The Present aim of the study was evaluate The Antihepatotoxic effects of different fractions of Elephantopus scaber against Carbon tetrachloride...
- HEPATOPROTECTION STUDY OF LEAVES POWDER OF AZADIRACHTA INDICA A. JUS. Shirish, S. Pingale // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review & Resear;Jul-Aug2010, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p37
Liver disorders are a serious health problem. In allopathic medicinal practices reliable liver protective drugs are not available but herbs play important role in management of liver disorders. Numerical medicinal plants are used for the same in ethnomedical practices and in traditional system...
- Kampo. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1255
A definition of the medical term "Kampo," which refers to a traditional Japanese medicine, a healing discipline adapted from ancient Chinese healing traditions, is presented.
- Liver function test abnormalities in Nigerian patients with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis B virus co-infection. Iroezindu, M O; Agbaji, O O; Daniyam, C A; Isiguzo, G C; Isichei, C; Akanbi, M O // International Journal of STD & AIDS;
Data on baseline hepatic function of HIV and hepatitis B virus (HBV) co-infected patients are limited in sub-Saharan Africa. We assessed liver function test (LFT) abnormalities in Nigerian patients with HIV/HBV co-infection to highlight the impact of HIV on HBV-related liver disease in...
- NOD to JAPANESE HEALTH. // American Herb Association Quarterly Newsletter;Spring2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pp4
The article informs that the Japanese pharmaceutical companies are planning to increase the production of kampo medicine to meet the demands and states that herbs in the country were exported from China but due to the increased demand for natural medicines it is focusing on its production.
- Kampo medicines. // Reactions Weekly;3/24/2012, Issue 1394, p28
The article describes the case of a 68-year-old woman who developed pneumonitis following treatment with saikokeishikankyoto.
- Herbal OTC remedy and hepatic dysfunction. // WHO Drug Information;2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p80
Reports that cases of hepatic dysfunction have been reported in Japan during treatment with Seirogan, which contains glycyrrhizin, creosote, gambir, phellodendron bark and citrus unshiu peel. Use of the drug for treatment of diarrhea, vomiting, and food poisoning; Ministry of Health, Labor and...
- Effects of Hachimi-Jio-Gan in Aged Rats. Ninomiya, Hiroyuki; Kato, Seiji; Okuda, Hiromichi // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Aug2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p355
Objective: To evaluate the effects of Hachimi-jio-gan, a traditional Japanese Kampo medication composed of eight medicinal herbs used for treating older people. Subjects: Sixteen laboratory-bred Fischer 344 rats Design: The rats were divided into two groups. One was the control group and the...