Sho-saiko-to, A Clinically Documented Herbal Preperation for Treating Chronic Liver Disease
- Japanese herbal medicines benefit patients with gastrointestinal disorders. // Foods Matter (USA);Jun2009, p17
The article discusses a study that examined the health benefits offered by Japanese herbal medicines on patients with gastrointestinal (GI) disorders. It reviewed Japanese herbal medicines, including rikkunshi-to, dai-kenchu-to and hangeshashin-to. Results have shown that such medicines were...
- Antihepatotoxic effect of Elephantopus scaber L. on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Battu, Ganga rao; Rao, Y. Venkateswara; Dasari, V. S. Praneeth // Recent Research in Science & Technology;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p21
Elephantopus scaber was used in folk medicine in several countries to treat different diseases. Liver diseases are major World wise health Problems. The Present aim of the study was evaluate The Antihepatotoxic effects of different fractions of Elephantopus scaber against Carbon tetrachloride...
- Anti-Jaundice Properties of Methanolic Extract of Carica Papaya Leaves on Jaundice-Induced Albino Rat. Minari, Joseph // International Proceedings of Chemical, Biological & Environmenta;2013, Vol. 59, p56
The anti-jaundice properties of methanolic extract of Carica papaya leaves on albino rat was evaluated. The rats were simultaneously given different oral doses of methanolic extract of C. papaya. The effects of these extract on total bilirubin concentration and some liver aminotransferases of...
- Liver function test abnormalities in Nigerian patients with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis B virus co-infection. Iroezindu, M O; Agbaji, O O; Daniyam, C A; Isiguzo, G C; Isichei, C; Akanbi, M O // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p461
Data on baseline hepatic function of HIV and hepatitis B virus (HBV) co-infected patients are limited in sub-Saharan Africa. We assessed liver function test (LFT) abnormalities in Nigerian patients with HIV/HBV co-infection to highlight the impact of HIV on HBV-related liver disease in...
- HEPATOPROTECTION STUDY OF LEAVES POWDER OF AZADIRACHTA INDICA A. JUS. Shirish, S. Pingale // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review & Resear;Jul-Aug2010, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p37
Liver disorders are a serious health problem. In allopathic medicinal practices reliable liver protective drugs are not available but herbs play important role in management of liver disorders. Numerical medicinal plants are used for the same in ethnomedical practices and in traditional system...
- Kampo medicines. // Reactions Weekly;3/24/2012, Issue 1394, p28
The article describes the case of a 68-year-old woman who developed pneumonitis following treatment with saikokeishikankyoto.
- NOD to JAPANESE HEALTH. // American Herb Association Quarterly Newsletter;Spring2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pp4
The article informs that the Japanese pharmaceutical companies are planning to increase the production of kampo medicine to meet the demands and states that herbs in the country were exported from China but due to the increased demand for natural medicines it is focusing on its production.
- Asian medicine: Japan's paradigm. Cameron, Silke; Reissenweber, Heidrun; Watanabe, Kenji // Nature;2/2/2012, Vol. 482 Issue 7383, p35
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article discussing traditional Japanese Kampo medicine from an issue in volume 480, 2011.
- Araliaceae species used for culinary and medicinal purposes in Niigata-ken, Japan. Brussell, David Eric // Economic Botany;Winter2004, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p736
Discusses the applications of Araliaceae species for culinary and medicinal purposes in Niigata-ken, Japan. Definition of kampo; Facts about Acanthopanax sciadophylloides; Ethnobotany in Japan.