20 YEARS AGO
- Union Carbide, Tosco to form joint venture. // Fairfield County Business Journal;02/15/99, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p2
Announces that Connecticut-based chemical companies Union Carbide Corp. and Tosco Corp. have signed a memorandum of understanding to create a joint venture for the production and marketing of polypropylene.
- 20 YEARS AGO. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p42
The article offers news related to the petroleum chemical industry during the week of November 24 in 1986 and 1996. Soviet Union has unveiled proposals that will enable Western companies to establish joint ventures and trade directly with enterprises. An acquisition deal was reached between...
- Carbide forms joint venture; new partner to build PP plant. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;02/15/99, Vol. 10 Issue 53, p3
Focuses on the joint venture of polythelene production and technology leader Union Carbide Corp. and independent oil refiner Tosco Corp. Construction of polypropylene plant by Tosco in New Jersey; Terms of agreement; Cost of construction; Hiring of additional employees; Reason for joint venture...
- Carbide-Petronas to award Kertih contracts soon. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;4/22/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p24
Presents information on Union Carbide Corporation and Petronas company which expect to begin awarding contracts for their olefins and derivatives joint venture at Kertih. Four firms which are competing for the cracker award; Focus of the venture; Capacity of downstream units.
- Joint Ventures Under EEC Competition Law. Riggs, John H.; Giustini, Anthony // Business Lawyer;May91, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p851
Examines the characteristics of the European Economic Community (EEC) competition law governing the creation of joint ventures. Increase on corporate combinations in the EEC; Aim on the creation of the law; Details on the function of the law in relation to corporate ventures in the EEC.
- Weak earnings batter majors despite efforts to cut costs. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/02/98, Vol. 254 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the financial performance of chemical companies for the third quarter of 1998. Decline in Union Carbide Corp.'s earnings; Lyondell Chemical Co.'s earnings before charges; Drop in earnings of Millennium Chemicals Inc.
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;10/19/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p12
Presents news items concerning the chemical industry. Union Carbide's sale of its interest in its United Kingdom-based holding company, Union Carbide Metals Ltd.; Brazil's antitrust authorities' ruling on the planned joint venture between Rhodia and Celbras.
- Union Carbide expands MMP. // Chemical Week;2/25/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p7
Reports the plans of Union Carbide to expand its methylmercapto propionaldehyde (MMP) unit at Taft, Los Angeles in 1999. Other plans of the company for its plant at Seadrift, Texas; Advantage of the expansions to Novus International's; Percentage of the completed MMP expansion at Taft.
- Producers Increase Global HFC Capacity. Lerner, Ivan // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the plans by chemical producers to increase the production of hydrofluorocarbons (HFC) in response to the possible ban on hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC) for its ozone-depleting property. Level of production and replacement for chlorofluorocarbons and HCFC through the production of...