- The case for prudence. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;6/2/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 403, p17
Focuses on the projects for linear alkylbenzene (LAB) in Asia in 2003. Estimated increase in demand for LAB; Supply-demand imbalance in Asia; Issues challenging LAB investors.
- Baffling benzene. Richardson, John; Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;7/4/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 497, p10
Focuses on the uncertainties regarding the supply of benzene over the next two to three years as of July 4, 2005. Belief of Bertrand Jausemme that benzene consumption will increase and would result to shortage in supply; Factors which should be attributed for the shortage of benzene supply;...
- Benzene in Consumer Beverages at Single-Digit Parts-per-Billion (ppb) Levels by Purge-and-Trap (P&T). Chambers, Laura; Duffy, Mike // LC-GC North America;Sep2007 Application Notebook, Vol. 25, p46
The article discusses a study which examines the detection of benzene, a human carcinogen in consumer beverages at single-digit parts-per-billion levels through purge-and-trap (P&T) sample concentrator. It was stated that the detection of carcinogen in beverages emphasizes the need for a robust...
- Benzene plummets on weak demand. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;6/13/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 24, p18
Reports that the decline in demand for benzene and derivatives has resulted in a major decline in U.S. contract prices. Available supply of benzene and derivatives; Reduction in benzene contract prices; Percentage on the decline in styrene contracts. INSET: Petrochemicals in brief.
- Aromatics softening. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p25
Presents information on the market demand for and prices of several aromatic compounds in Asia in September 2004. Phenol; Benzene; Toluene; Mixed xylenes; Styrene.
- Benzine Prices in Europe Escalate on Tight Supply-Demand. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;5/31/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the increase of the prices of benzene products in Europe in 2004 as a result of an imbalance of supply and demand. Absence of plans of producers to increase capacity; Vulnerability of polystyrene producers due to the intensity of competition in the sector.
- The ups and downs of benzene. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;4/25/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2144, p10
Presents an outlook for the benzene market in 2005. Expected average prices for benzene throughout the year; Concerns regarding a decline in Chinese demand in derivative sectors such as the expandable polystyrene market; Potential effect of Asian buyers on the product's market.
- Russian benzene market, Jan-Apr 2013. // CIREC Monthly News;Jun2013, Issue 270, p12
The article reports on the market performance of benzene in Russia on the first four months in 2013. It reports a decreased sales of benzene in the domestic market due to the suspension of production at Slavneft-YANOS. Benzene imports into Russia has increased in April 2013, mostly from Ukraine...
- HARD FACTS ON SOFT DRINKS. Hurt, Avery // Better Homes & Gardens;Jul2006, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p241
The article discusses the possible effects of soft drinks on human beings. Several news are reporting on the presence of benzene in soft drinks. Benzene is a know carcinogen that can sometimes form in sodas containing ascorbic acid and the preservatives sodium benzoate or potassium benzoate. The...