Wheatoleo venture looks to sugar-based surfactants
- Oleon, United Plantations Form Oleochemicals JV in Malaysia. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;9/10/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 23, p20
The article discusses a joint venture agreement between Belgium's oleochemical company Oleon and Malaysia's palm plantation owner United Plantations, named UniOleon, which will build an oleochemical food emulsifier plant at Pulau Indah, Malaysia.
- ARD will stay put in 3Sat venture. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;12/6/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 45, p12
Reports that German public broadcaster ARD rejected calls by state leaders to withdraw from the joint European cultural channel 3Sat, which it operates with ZDF, Austria's ORF and Switzerland's SRG.
- Surfactants growth. // Chemical Week;9/10/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 34, p43
Focuses on the prediction that surfactants market in South America will grow by 2020 according to a study done by Colin A. Houston & Associates (CAHA). Reason for the growth rate; Samples of surfactants cited; Total supply provided by Brazil market.
- Webs nix Tour b'casts. Kirschbaum, Erik // Daily Variety;7/19/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 76, p6
The article reports that doping allegations have led German public broadcasters ARD and Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen (ZDF) to suspend their joint coverage of the Tour de France in Berlin, Germany. Both companies have announced that they would temporarily suspending their four-hour daily coverage...
- Oleon Inaugurates World's First Bio-Propylene Glycol Plant in Belgium. FRANTZANAS, SOTIRIOS // Chemical Week;7/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p16
The article reports on the opening of a bio-propylene glycol production plant in Ertvelde, Belgium by oleochemical firm Oleon, noting that the technology used at the facility will use waste glycerin instead of petroleum to produce propylene glycol.
- Rhodia Launches New Program To Boost US Ops. MILMO, SEAN // Chemical Market Reporter;02/15/99, Vol. 255 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the transformation of the European surfactants business of Rhodia after the implementation of a plan for its specialty surfactants division. Increased reliance of specialty chemical industries on marketing concepts to revive the business; Remarks from Jean Julien Baronnet, president...
- Union Carbide moves to growth track for new Triton products. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/02/97, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p41
Reports on Union Carbide Corp.'s marketing of its Triton SP series surfactants. Company's use of a multiple-growth platform approach for marketing of the product; Triton SP series' features.
- Oleon starts glycerin-based PG plant. GUZMAN, DORIS DE // ICIS Chemical Business;7/16/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses the oleochemical company Oleon, its business expansion to produce the chemical monopropylene glycol (MPG), and an oleochemical manufacturing process developed by chemical provider BASF that produces monopropylene glycol (MPG) as a by-product.
- Getting better performance with less surfactant. Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;1/26/94, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p38
Reports on manufacturers' focus on low-cost end formulation of active surfactants. Competition with soap and detergent makers interested in distinguishing their products without raising prices; Reduction of the total chemical content in soap and detergent formulations; Industry's focus on...