European MEG goes on the up
- Record high for MEG spot? Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 388, p27
Speculates the possibility of a price increase for monoethylene glycol (MEG) in Asia in 2003. Factors contributing to the price increase; Problems facing several MEG producers; Concerns expressed by industry officials.
- Crude reaches new highs. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;10/22/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 15, p24
The article presents information on recent developments in the chemical industry. A major ethylene buyer recently said that it had agreed to withdraw from the bimonthly contract to focus on quarterly pricing. Tight supply and rising demand is stated to have increased the prices of monoethylene...
- Operating Problems Fuel Surge in EG Prices. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 37, p28
The article reports on an increase in ethylene glycol (EG) prices. EG prices have climbed substantially since August 2007, with fiber-grade contracts gaining 43 percent, and antifreeze-grade spot gaining 77 percent. Dow Chemical declared force majeure for monoethylene glycol (MEG) and diethylene...
- DMT market set to tighten. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2088, p14
Presents an update on the market performance of the chemical industry as of February 23-29, 2004. Reason behind the decision of European acrylonitrile producers to raise contract prices; Increase in the price contracts of propylene in the first quarter of the year; Rise in the monthly contracts...
- Commodities in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p21
Reports developments related to chemical industry in the U.S. Rise in benzene prices as crude oil price increase due to potential aftermath of Hurricane Rita; Building of several ethanol plants and two major expansions; Increase in Asian contract prices by three major producers of ethylene glycol.
- MEG moves up again. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;8/1/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2158, p12
Reports on the increase in prices of mono ethylene glycol (MEG) as of August 2005. Factors that contribute to the price increase in Europe; Contract price of MEG in Asia.
- Ethylene Glycol Prices See $100 Increase. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;8/9/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the increase in global prices for ethylene glycol. Increase in demand for the chemical in China and the United States; Other factors driving the price increase; Lack of new capacity for ethylene glycol production.
- Acrylo, capro surge. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/18/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 487, p22
Presents an update on fibre intermediates contract prices in the Asian chemical industry as of April 2005. Factors that contributed to the increase in caprolactam prices; Reason behind the weak polyester demand; Impact of the weak performance of Chinese polyester producers on the monoethylene...
- Dow's Low-Temp Fluid Prices Rise. // Process Cooling & Equipment;Jul/Aug2005, p40
Reports on the increased list and off-list prices for propylene-glycol-based low-temperature thermal fluids of Dow Chemical Co. in North America. Factors that contribute to the price increase; Percentage increase; Products affected by the price increase.