Shell wins n-paraffin approval
- Specialty surfactants: The US scenario. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p33
Provides information on specialty surfactants. List of surfactant compounds; Driving factors for the growth rates of betaines; Reason for the growing interest in amine oxides; Applications of specialty surfactants.
- WORKHORSE Ingredients. Branna, Tom // Happi: Household & Personal Products Industry;Sep2011, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p69
The article reports on the economic performance of household and personal product ingredients particularly surfactants in 2011. It mentions an increase in material costs which forced companies in the industry to adjust their expenses in the production of their products as well as Unilever...
- Volume utilization rebounds after a recessionary year in Europe. Wiesmann, Gerrit // Chemical Week;9/28/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p30
Reports on the performance of Europe's specialty surfactants sector. Prices and utilization rates of specialty surfactants; Cost and supply of raw materials; Shifting of product formulation due to changes in consumer profile; Improvements in the ecotoxicological profile of surfactants; Prices...
- Specialty surfactants. // Chemical Week;9/29/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p25
Reports on the aftermath of the avalanche of acquisition activity in the specialty surfactants industry at the start of the 1990s. Formation of several world-class players with secure bases in Europe and America; Division between multinational producers; Slogan in product development.
- Finding a niche after the acquisition shakeout. Kemezis, Paul // Chemical Week;9/29/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p25
Reports on development in the American specialty surfactants industry. Multinational groups' market strategies emphasizing their diverse product lines and international research and marketing networks; Independent companies attention to customer needs and market trends to keep their market...
- In Europe, the emphasis is on product mildness. Ward, Mike // Chemical Week;9/29/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p30
Reports on the importance of product mildness for surfactant specialty producers in Europe. Customer demand for mildness in beauty, household and laundry products; Customer aversion for price increases to meet their desired product quality; Necessity of cost efficiency and knowledge of...
- New Types of Surfactants Present Opportunities for Oleochemicals. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;7/15/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p16
Looks at emerging lower-cost surfactant alternatives that offers growth opportunities for the oleochemicals market. Potential application of the coconut oil-based monogylceride sulfate; Technology that overcame the obstacle to methyl ester sulfonate production; Advantage of fatty acid methyl...
- Untitled. Creswell, Sarah // ICIS Chemical Business;10/31/2016, Issue 4588, p1
A calendar of events associated with the chemical industry to be held worldwide in November-December 2016 is presented which includes the 6th ICIS Asian Surfactants Conference, the 15th World Aromatics & Derivatives Conference and an event on "Fundamentals of the Base Oils Business."
- Surfactant squeeze. Gibson, Jane; Brice, Andy; Harries-Rees, Karen // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p20
Presents information on the condition of the European surfactants market as of June 14, 2004. Major factor affecting the surfactants industry; Reason for the decline in surfactant prices; Growth of the surfactants market in Asia and the U.S.