- Reliance may end Dow bid. Tan, Florence; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/26/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the possibility that India-based Reliance Industries may withdraw from its bid to purchase a controlling stake in Dow Chemicals' plastic and chemical business. Reliance faced competition from private equity bidders including Carlyle, Blackstone and KKR. A local media...
- Dow and Reliance mull alliance. Minocha, Naresh // Chemical Market Reporter;7/17/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Dow Chemical and Reliance Industries Ltd. are planning a broad-ranging alliance that could include major petrochemical projects in India and other countries. The two firms may establish a joint venture to build petrochemical plants downstream to Reliance's refinery at...
- Dow stock spikes on venture rumor. Zwirn, Ed // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the rise of Dow Chemical share prices on the rumor that the company has agreed to set up a joint venture with Reliance Industries for its commodity petrochemical and plastics businesses. According to Citigroup analyst P. J. Juvekar, the joint venture could give Dow cash...
- Reliance and Dow in alliance talks? Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/17/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 28, p5
The article reports that Reliance Industries is evaluating an alliance with Dow Chemical which could involve major petrochemical projects in India, Asia and other sites. Reliance has made no official statement about the speculated alliance. Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Limited, an associate...
- Dow to raise debt buyback limit to $700 million. VALK, VINCENT // Chemical Week;11/18/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 29, p8
The article reports that American multinational chemical producing company Dow Chemical Co. has raised its debt tender offer from 500 million dollars to 700 million dollars.
- Dow Chemical Eyes Copene Petrochemical Assets . Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;6/21/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p13
Reports that Dow Chemical is considering bidding for assets that may come up for sale at the Copene complex in Camacari, Brazil. Comments from Roberto Noronha Santos, commercial director for Dow Quimica SA in Sao Paulo; Reference to a report published in the `Gazeta Mercantil'; Importance of the...
- Dow to Strengthen Fine Chems With $439 Million Bid for Ascot. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;4/2/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the takeover bid of Dow Chemical for Ascot PLC with the aim of expanding its activities in specialty and fine chemicals. Financial performance of Ascot; Comments from Howard Dyer, Ascot's executive chairman; Plans of Dow for Ascot.
- Sentrachem board accepts sweetened offer from Dow. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/27/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 33, p21
Reports on Sentrachem company board's decision to accept a revised offer from Dow Chemical company's proposed take over of the company. Dow's revised offer price for Sentrachem.
- LyondellBasell rejects Reliance and restructures. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Apr2010, Issue 826, p8
The article reports on the decision of LyondellBasell to reject a takeover bid from India's Reliance Industries and instead to file a restructuring plan with a U.S. bankruptcy court.