THE US COUNTS ITS LOSSES ON A DECLINING INDUSTRY
- Japanese Firms Post Weak Results. Moore, Stephen // Chemical Week;5/29/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 22, p17
Reports on the chemical firms in Japan that have posted losses or declining profits for the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2002. Factors attributed to the losses; Background of the firms.
- WORLD SCENE. // Chemical Business;Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p51
Reports worldwide developments of the chemical industry as of November 2001. Opposition of the European chemical industry on the environmental white paper; Profit decline of Mitsui Chemicals Inc.; Deals between GlaxoSmithKline with Bayer.
- Petrochemical companies in the Gulf see Q1-2012 profits fall 10%. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2012, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p67
This article reports on the decline in net profit posted by petrochemical companies in the Gulf for the first quarter of 2012.
- Fourth Quarter Ends With a Thud. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the performance of chemical industry in the fourth quarter of year 2001 in the U.S. Decrease of sales and profits; Net loss of Dow Chemical compared to earnings; Reduction of earnings from sales by DuPont; Reliance to timing and strength of economic recovery from improvement of earnings.
- Millennium Suffers 4th Quarter Loss But Gears Up for Renewed Success. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/01/99, Vol. 255 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the loss posted by Millennium Chemicals Inc. in the fourth quarter of 1998. Financial figures of the company; Explanations from Millennium Chairman and Chief Executive Officer William M. Landuyt; Details on the cash flow of the company's business segments.
- EUROPEAN CHEMICAL NEWS. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2159, p8
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of August 1985. Overview of the disappointing second quarter results of British chemical company ICI; Effect of an unfavorable Sterling-Deutschmark exchange rates on petrochemicals and plastics operations in the country.
- EVC Faces Losses and May Raise Share Capital. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/02/99, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the potential business losses facing EVC International company. Additional share capital needed to raise by the chemical company; Sales of its polyvinyl chloride (PVC) product; Percentage increase in the company's debt.
- FLOODING FORCES SHUTDOWN OF CHEMICAL PLANTS IN THAILAND. // Chemical Week;11/7/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 27, p5
The article reports on the lost production of Japanese chemical companies when their factories are forced to shut down due to the floods in Thailand.
- Rising Feedstock Costs Hurt First-Quarter Margins. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;4/26/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 17, p13
Looks at the performance of the specialty chemical companies in the first quarter of 2000. Companies which posted gains; Companies which incurred losses; Factors that affected the industry's performance.