Nickel sale goes through for OMG
- OM Group to Sell Nickel Assets to Norilsk Nickel. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;11/29/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p11
The article reports on the plan of OM Group Inc. to sell its nickel assets. OM Group (OMG) says it has agreed to sell its nickel assets to Norilsk Nickel of Moscow, Russia for $408 million. The assets include the nickel refinery of OMG at Harjavalta, Finland, its nickel mining and leaching plant...
- Norilsk wins bidding war for Lion Ore. // Mining Engineering;Jul2007, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p10
The article reports that Norilsk Nickel has won the bidding process against Xstrata for LionOre Mining International, a nickel producer based in Toronto, Ontario. The bidding process has come to an end when Xstrata failed to exercise its right to match Norilsk's $6.8 billion takeover bid for...
- Norilsk Acquiring OMG's Nickel Assets. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 208 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the development regarding the acquisition of mining company Norilsk Nickel to the nickel business of OM Group (OMG) Inc. Under the $408 million agreement, assets to be acquired include OMG's nickel mining operations in Finland and Australia. The agreement is subject to...
- Norilsk Raises Two Eyebrows. Louria Hahn, Avital // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/16/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the possible acquisition of Montana-based Stillwater Mining Co. by Russia-based mining company Norilsk Nickel Inc. Responses of the U.S. merger and acquisition bankers on the acquisition; Objections raised by shareholders regarding the price of the deal; Possible emergence of Russia...
- Impala Awaits Industrial Turnaround. // Middle East & Africa Financial Alert;7/7/2003, Vol. 2 Issue 40, p6
South Africa-based Impala Platinum (Implats) last week made public an offer worth ZAR972 million to buy out Zimbabwe-based company Zimplats, in which it already holds a 30% stake. Coming just a week after the third-largest player in the market, Russia-based Norilsk Nickel Inc. completed the...
- IN EUROPE. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Apr2001, Vol. 202 Issue 4, p17
Focuses on Norilsk Nickel and Outokumpu's signing of an agreement for the development and delivery of technology to Norilsk for the modernization and expansion of the company's production facilities. Possible formation of joint ventures for the production of metals and metal products in...
- The End of the Road. Fung, Shirliey // Across the Board;May99, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p72
Focuses on Norilsk Nickel Combine, producer of nickel supply. Account of the business failures experienced by the company; How the status of the company is related in communism.
- OAO Norilsk Nickel net profit fell 41% to US$ 2.1 billion. // African Business News;4/16/2013, p10
The article reports that nickel and palladium producer OAO Norilsk Nickel's net profit in 2012 declined by 41 percent to 2.1 billion dollars.
- Cockerill's Russian cocktail. // Finance Week;5/17/2004, p34
Reports that Russian nickel producer Noril'sk Nickel has become the largest single shareholder in gold mining firm Gold Fields Inc. in Johannesburg, South Africa. Noril'sk's swapping of its gold assets for more shares in Gold Fields; Benefits of acquisition of shares for both companies.