Olefins imports rise in China
- Propylene bullish as ethylene falls. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/14/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 482, p24
Presents an outlook for chemical prices in Asia in the second quarter of 2005. Expected price increase in propylene; Estimated price decrease in ethylene; Rise of polypropylene prices.
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;3/24/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 11, p36
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry in March 1999. Pricing deal concluded by United States (US) ethylene buyers and sellers; Efforts of some US producers to increase propylene prices; Total demand for polypropylene fibers in North America, Western Europe and Japan.
- Peak performance. Dunkley, Clare // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 45, p29
Focuses on the impact of the increasing production of ethane feedstock on the petrochemical industry. Estimated increase in the global ethylene, polyethylene, and propylene/polypropylene capacities in the Gulf Cooperation Council and Iran by 2010 according to Jacobs Consultancy; Factors that...
- SIBUR plans a PP revolution. BRICE, ANDY // ICIS Chemical Business;4/8/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p28
The article reports on the plan of SIBUR, the leading petrochemical company, to take advantage of the changing polypropylene (PP) market in 2013. It states that the relative value of propylene is expected tor remain high and growing as the world is positioned to be flooded with ethane-based...
- Propylene Buyers Agree to Two-Month Settlement. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;3/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the settlement between propylene producers and buyers on the March and April 2000 contract price by splitting a proposed price hike into equal installments over the next two months. Implication of the addition of polypropylene capacity in North America; Plans of olefins producers.
- Western Europe ethylene output falls, propylene rises. // Chemical Business;Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p68
Reports the decline in output of ethylene and increase in output of propylene in Western Europe for the first quarter of 1999.
- Feedstock price falls pave way for ethylene rollover. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p10
Reports on the ethylene and propylene contract prices in Europe for the second quarter of 2003. Initial ethylene settlement between Great Britain-based companies; Naphtha spot prices in mid-March 2003; Implication of the rollover in the ethylene contract price.
- Bulk chemical prices. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/4/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2154, p33
Presents graphical and tabular representations of chemical price trends, including ethylene and propylene, in Europe as of June 2005.
- Olefins slumber while aromatics rise. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/4/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2154, p34
Reports the market performance of chemical products in Europe as of July 4, 2005. Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene. INSET: MASSIVE LEAP FOR JULY BENZENE.