Merck flexes muscles
- COMPANY SPOTLIGHT - Merck KGaA. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;May 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p30
Features the pharmaceutical and chemicals firm Merck KGaA in Darmstadt, Germany. Decrease in the revenue of the firm; Competitors of the firm; Business operations of the company.
- Liquid crystals aid Merck KgaA. // European Chemical News;11/3/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2075, p6
Reports that Merck KgaA outperformed analysts' expectations in the third quarter of 2003. Factors responsible for the increase in profits; Comparison of profits posted by chemical companies and pharmaceuticals; Rise in earnings on pharmaceuticals.
- Acquisitions boost Merck KGaA's sales and earnings. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;3/9/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 8, p15
The article reports on the increase in the earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of chemicals company Merck KGaA driven by acquisitions in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- COMPANY SPOTLIGHT -- Merck KGaA. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p49
Features Merck KgaA company, a pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturer in Europe. Nature on the business of the company; Products and services offered; Business segments.
- Merck generics sale to create powerhouse? Mirasol, Feliza // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/15/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on the plan of Merck KGaA to sell its generics business. The generics business of the company ranks among the leading generics operations worldwide. Its rivals include major players Teva, Novaris and Barr Pharmaceuticals. The leading contender for the business is Ranbaxy, the...
- Merck takes on new challenges. Williams, Dede; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/15/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 49, p12
The article reports on a tender offer launched by Merck KGaA for the outstanding equity of Swiss-based biopharmaceuticals producer Serono. Merck also confirmed tentative plans to sell its generics business. The German drugs and chemicals group now controls 84% of Serono's shares and 89% of...
- Merck KGaA eyes pharma acquisitions in the US. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;12/2/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 30, p11
The article reports on the plan of Merck Kgaa, a pharmaceutical company, to open collaborations and acquisitions, and strengthen the company's presence in the prescription pharmaceuticals industry in the U.S. Topics include the statement of company board member Stefan Oschmann on about 50% sales...
- BASF buys Merck electronics division. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;2/7/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2133, p8
Reports on the sale of the global electronic chemicals business of Merck KGaA to BASF to be able to concentrate on its pharmaceuticals and chemicals divisions. Terms of the agreement; Significance of the deal to BASF, according to inorganics head Harald Schwager; Implications of the sale for...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;7/2/2003-7/9/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 24, p8
Presents news briefs on international chemical companies as of July 2, 2003. Approval of the sale of the Turkish government's stake in Petkim to Standart Kimya Petrol Dogalgaz Sanayi ve Tikaret; Appointment of Peter Ellwood at ICI; Increase in the share capital of Merck KGaA.