5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- Peru in petchem accord with Petrobras. Ford, Brian; Howard, Rebecca; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the announcement of Peruvian President Alan Garcia that a petrochemical center would be built in the country under the agreement between Petrobras and Peruvian energy and petrochemical company Petroperu. He further adds that ammonia and urea would be manufactured for use...
- Petrobras Delays Comperj Petrochemical Project. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;7/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on delays in the construction of the Comperj petrochemical and chemical refining complex near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil by the Brazilian national oil company Petrobras due to continuing studies of the costs and supply-demand issues of chemical production in the country.
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/31/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 14, p6
The article offers information on world news briefs related to chemical industry. U.S. based chemical company Celanese AG plans to open a new acetic acid plant. Petrobras Brasileiro SA of Brazil and Petroperu SA of Peru are planning to develop a petrochemical complex in Ilo, Peru. U.S. based...
- Jacobs Awarded Contract For Saudi Phosphate Investment. // Chemical Week;5/28/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 15, p22
The article reports that Jacobs Engineering has been awarded a contract to provide a feasibility study and engineering design for Saudi Arabian Mining Co.'s Umm Wu'al phosphate project in the Sirhan-Turaif region of Saudi Arabia.
- Sadara Awards Polyethylene Plant Contract to Jacobs Engineering. // Chemical Week;6/11/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 16, p20
The article reports that Sadara Chemical Co., a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical in Jubail, Saudi Arabia, has awarded Jacobs Engineering an engineering, procurement, and construction management contract for three polyethylene (PE) trains.
- Petrobras picks up on Bolivia talks. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;1/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on the plan of Petrobras to resume negotiations with Bolivia concerning the construction of a Brazil-Bolivia petrochemicals complex. Political unrest has contributed to the suspension of negotiations for the project. It is expected to have a capacity of 650,000-750,000...
- Different take on inventory management. // Process Engineering;Dec2011 Supplement, p23
The article reports that Petrobras, Brazil-based energy company, has signed a service contract with Metso Corp. which will require Metso to provide spare parts and maintenance services for its valves, actuators and positioners for 11 refineries in Brazil. Preventive and predictive maintenance...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;6/29/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 22, p19
Presents an update on new construction projects in the chemical industry as of June 2005. Memorandum of understanding between Huntsman and the Al-Zamil Group to form a joint venture to build a world scale ethyleneamines manufacturing complex in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia; Plan of LG Chem to expand...
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/2/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 1, p6
The article offers chemical industry news briefs as of July 2, 2012. Brazilian state-owned petroleum company Petrobras is reviewing projects at its Comperj complex in Brazil. Polyolefin producer LyondellBasell has shut down its cracker in La Porte, Texas following a malfunction in a gas...