RAG foundation will enable Degussa listing
- NEW MINES GROUP TAKES SHAPE. // Coal Age;Aug2000, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the plan of the Mines and Mineral Group to improve mine permitting and reclamation in the United States. Reorganization of the company's top management; Vacant managerial positions at the company as of August 2000.
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources is honored for land reclamation. // Mining Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p54
The article announces that the Division of Mineral Resources Management of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) has received the 2009 Appalachian Regional Abandoned Mine Land Reclamation Award from the U.S. Office of Surgace Mining.
- Cleanup efforts mark milestone in Colorado. // Mining Engineering;Nov2014, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the completion of the installation of bulkheads in abandoned mine in Summit County, Colorado by workers of Colorado Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety.
- Hardrock Mining and the Environment: Issues of Federal Enforcement and Liability. Seymour, John F. // Ecology Law Quarterly;2004, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p795
Hardrock mining has caused significant harm to the environment, particularly in the West. Mining laws enacted in the 19th Century sought to encourage mineral production and the transfer of mineral lands to private interests and were largely unconcerned with environmental protection. Federal...
- Restoration: an integral part of mining and quarrying. // Mining & Quarry World;Jun2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p26
The article offers information on restoration as an essential part of quarrying and mining. It states that planning for restoration has to start at the earliest part of mine project planning and has to be regarded within the whole project framework. It says that the aim is nearly to work...
- COMING EVENTS. // Mining Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p82
Presents the schedule of several conferences concerning the mining industry from May 2 to July 23, 2005. Coal Prep and Aggregates Processing Exhibition and Conference in Lexington, Kentucky; Processing and Disposal of Mineral Industry Waste '05, and Processing of Industrial Minerals '05 in...
- Toxic mine 'hot-spot' headed for 2009 clean-up. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p32
The author reflects on the development of Kam Kotia, a formerly destructed mine in Ontario, Canada. It states that the reclamation of the once-devastated landscape was due to combined efforts and shared costs of the Ontario government, Ontario Mining Association (OMA) and several industry...
- Providing Stable Development of Technogenic Systems Formed During Mineral Exploration in the Far Eastern Federal District. Krupskaya, Lyudmila Timopheevna; Zvereva, Valentina Pavlovna; Volobueva, Nadezda Grigorievna // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 644-650, p5379
The article presents the results of the study of environmentally stable evolution of technogenic systems formed during the mineral development in the Far Eastern Federal District (FEFD) of Russia. The scope of ecosystems destruction was defined, and the assessment of waste impact on ecosphere...
- ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION OF THE OLÅ ANY MINING AREA RECLAMATION - ECONOMIC BALANCE OF COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH RECLAMATION WORK. JAROLIMOVÁ, Mária; ČECHOVÁ, Dagmar; MIKOLÁŠ, Milan; ŽIŽKA, Milan; POLICKÁ, Andrea // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2015, Vol. 3, p19
The article deals with the reclamation of the OlÅ¡any mining area to suit new trends in the reclamation of land affected by mining activities. The introductory section briefly describes the basic data on the OlÅ¡any Quarry and characteristics of the deposit. The solution itself is the...