5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Markets Watch. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2165, p21
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of October 3, 2005. Decision of the U.S. International Trade Commission on an anti-dumping duty on polyethylene terephthalate film from South Korea; Reason behind the price increase of Lanxess for its resins.
- Unusual gains in PA due to Chinese duties. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 388, p28
Reports the price increase of phthalic anhydride in Asia, following the imposition of antidumping duties by the Chinese government in January 2003. Other factors that contributed to the increase.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/6/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2114, p12
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 6, 2004. Plan of Bayer Sheet Europe to increase the price of its Makrolon polycarbonate sheets and Bayloy coloured sheets starting September 13, 2004; Increase in the price of polyethylene terephthalate resins of Equipolymers;...
- S. Korea to extend anti-dumping duties on PET films. // Chemical Business;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p77
The article reports on the announcement by the South Korean finance ministry that South Korea plans to extend anti-dumping duties on polyethylene-terephthalate (PET) films imported from China and India for three more years in an effort to protect local manufacturers.
- 5-MINUTE BUSINESS WATCH. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;9/26/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 508, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 26, 2005. Decision of the U.S. Federal Reserve to raise interest rates for an 11th consecutive month, despite concerns that the economy would slow after Hurricane Katrina; Acquisition of the fertilizer plant of Oswal Chemicals &...
- PET prices down in Europe and up in the US. MIRASOL, FELIZA; MURRAY, CAROLINE; WEATHERLAKE, SAMUEL // ICIS Chemical Business;5/16/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 17, p23
The article reports on the fall in the prices for European polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and rise in the U.S. PET prices. The prices fell in Europe due to weaker feedstocks and competitive pressure. A raw material-based drop of 112 dollars/tonne in the month of May 2011 has been proposed by a...
- Strong Demand and Reduced Imports Boost PET Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 42, p25
Reports on the factors that contributed to the price increase of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) in the U.S. as of December 2004. Decline in PET imports from Asia; Impact of the ruling of the U.S. Department of Commerce on PET imports on chemical industry; Forecast on PET rates in 2006.
- Surging PET Prices Hurt Users. Hwee Sim, Peck // Chemical Week;11/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 40, p28
The article reports on the impact of the increase in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) prices on PET users as of November 2005. The increase in the prices of PET has prompted major users to cut costs or lower their profit outlook. Prices climbed in October 2005 and producers are seeking further...
- PET prices rise but producer margins still disappoint. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p33
The article reports on the expectations of European polyethylene terephthalate (PET) producers for further price increases in March 2006. The scheduling of several maintenance turnarounds and arrival of the peak PET season is likely to support any price push, but sellers insist raw material...