SusChem increases FP7 accessibility
- Untitled. Royse, Sue // ICIS Chemical Business;12/3/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 21, p19
The article lists the executives who were not included in the 2007 Top 40 Power Players in global chemicals which include deputy chairman Alfred Oberholz of Degussa, chief executive officer Dimitry Konov of Sibur, and chairman Su Shulin of Sinopec.
- Cefic explores R&D cooperation. // Chemical Week;6/8/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the meeting of European chemical producers and firms from other processing industries to discuss joint research and development (R&D) projects to promote sustainable technologies. European Chemical Industry Council as organizer; Identification of precompetitive and basic research areas.
- THIS YEAR'S JUDGES. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/19/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 14, p16
The article profiles several judges for the Innovation Awards in 2010 including Neil Checker, Alfred Oberholz, and Simon Smith.
- Producers that neglect R&D risk their future. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;2/16/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 7, p13
In this article, the author elucidates on the impact of abandoning research and development (R&D) to several chemical companies. The author mentions the significance of R&D to these companies and cites its contribution for the development of their operations and sustainability. However, the...
- Chemical Futures: The Industry in 2020. // Chemical Week;5/24/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 18, p19
The article presents the forecasts of several industry leaders and experts for the U.S. chemical industry for 2020. Issues included in the forecasts include the natural gas crisis, the shift of investment to the Mideast and Asia, and the developments in biotechnology and nanotechnology. There is...
- Standing at the edge of history. Deavenport, Earnie // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/01/96, Vol. 62 Issue 18, p567
Presents a speech by the Eastman Chemical Co. chairman and chief executive officer, given before the 1996 Forum of the World Chemical Industries held in Paris, France, dealing with the issue of sustainable development and the chemical industry.
- Sustainable development finding its way. Fitzgerald, Patrick // Chemical Market Reporter;01/13/97, Vol. 251 Issue 2, pSR 10
Focuses on the growing attention of the chemical industry to sustainable development. Two-pronged approach advocated by the President's Council on Sustainable Development in the United States to change the concept of environmental protection; Role of the industry in promoting sustainable...
- Responsible care: A key element in the chemical industry's approach to sustainable development. Lotter, Laurraine // South African Journal of Science;Sep98, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p414
Describes Responsible Care, the chemical industry's chosen vehicle to sustainable development. Definition of sustainable development; Information on Responsible Care; Situation in South Africa; Response of Responsible Care to sustainable development themes; Conclusions.
- Sustainable development at the next level. Denton, Timothy // Chemical Market Reporter;02/16/98, Vol. 253 Issue 7, pFR3
Focuses on the efforts of the chemical industry to attain sustainable development at a higher level. Focus of sustainable growth on functionality; Actions to reduce energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions; Better use of renewable resources; Widespread recognition of the dangers of ozone...