- A New Moon for Sharon Creech. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;4/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 16, p26
Reports on the joint venture of HarperCollins and New Moon Publishing to promote popular children's book author Sharon Creech and her publications on the Web site of her magazine "New Moon: The Magazine for Girls and Their Dreams." Features of the Web site; Views of Josette Kurey, senior...
- H & R, Collins and three agents form new Canadian firm. // Publishers Weekly;2/24/89, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p123
Report on Harper & Collins Publishers, Ltd., a new Canadian publisher which is being formed by three Canadian literary agents, Harper & Row, and Collins Publishers.
- Is there room for Harper paperbacks? Feldman, G. // Publishers Weekly;11/17/89, Vol. 236 Issue 20, p24
Discusses the upcoming January debut of Harper Paperbacks with six titles, and mass marketing impresario Eddie Bell's paperback marketing plans for the future. Diversifying the lists; Banking on market research; Getting books to the masses; What the competition thinks.
- HarperCollins shuts unit. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;6/03/96, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p42
Reports that HarperCollins Publishers will close its adult CD-ROM publishing unit and build its investment in on-line-related properties.
- Disney revamps HarperCollins. Petrikin, Chris // Variety;03/24/97, Vol. 366 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the restructuring of HarperCollins' publishing and marketing departments.
- HarperSF cutting titles, jobs in restructuring. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/3/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 14, p10
Reports on the reorganization of the San Francisco, Ca. division of Harpercollins. Decrease in titles and jobs in the company; Centralization of the marketing and production operations of the company; Plans of president and chief operating officer Ken Fund for the company; Sale of releases `A...
- HC to Close Two Hearts Facilities. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 31, p11
Reports on the plans of HarperCollins executives to close the Morrow/Avon distribution center in Dresden, Tennessee by the end of 1999. Number of employees to be affected by the closure.
- New Web-based order tracking from Harper. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/9/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p11
Reports that HarperCollins has launched a tracking service on the World Wide Web for the shipping status of purchases. The free service called Order Tracker; Advantages and ease of the new system; Shipping information provided; Sites where service was tested.
- So what's a Bowker? Fleischer, L. // Publishers Weekly;4/6/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 14, p97
Presents some humorous entries, that Avon Books collected by running a contest for booksellers, for a new title for the book `Melba Toast, Bowie's Knife & Caesar's Wife: A Dictionary of Eponyms.'