Harlequin Has Fair 2006 as Foreign Exchange Takes Bite
- Earnings Rise 4% At Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p10
Deals with the financial performance of book publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. for the year 2003. Operating profits of the company; Decline in the sales of Harlequin; Factors attributed to the decline in the sales of the company.
- Harlequin: Q1 Success Linked to E-books; Digitization Pace Ups. // Book Publishing Report;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on the increase in the profits of Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. for the first quarter of 2007 in North America. The company's revenue during the quarter grew to 5.2% to $111.7 million. Meanwhile, its operating profit rose 26.6% to $17.1 million. The company claims that the...
- First Half Offers Mixed Results for Leading Publishers. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2008, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the financial performance of several publication companies in the first half of 2008 in the U.S. Harlequin recorded a decline of $11.1 million in revenue due to the weak economy. HarperCollins' operating profit increased by $7 million compared to the same period in 2007....
- Harlequin Challenged by Soft Mass Market In Third Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p4
The article focuses on the financial performance of Harlequin Enterprises Ltd., the romance fiction publisher owned by Toronto-based newspaper and publishing company Torstar Corp. Revenues were $111.5 million, down 12% from the $125.5 million reported in the third quarter of the financial year...
- Harlequin Posts Gains. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p13
Deals with the earnings of Harlequin during the first quarter of 2003. Details on the increase in sales; Segment with strongest performance; Profits in overseas markets.
- Modest Gains for Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the decline in revenue of Harlequin during the quarter of 2003. Factors that contributed to the decline; Operating profit of the publishing company.
- Harlequin Has Strong Earnings Gain in 2nd Qtr. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the increase in revenue and profit of book publisher Harlequin for the second quarter ended June 30, 2002. Sales of Harlequin's women fiction and North American segment; Amount of operating profit for the first six months of 2002.
- Axel Springer profits rise. Kirschbaum, Erik // Daily Variety;3/8/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 49, p5
The article focuses on the financial performance of Axel Springer AG, the Germany-based publishing company. The company forecasts higher earnings and profits for the year 2007, that, the company argues, can further be raised through investment in the Internet business, with decrease in newspaper...
- Holidays Push Books Back Up, Though Not Enough. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the rebound in the U.S. trade publishing industry during the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2009. It says that the operating profit of Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. increased to 66.1% due to its electronic book (e-book) strategy. It mentions that HarperCollins Publishers LLC's...