The EuroCombi is coming
- Carrying cars. Hughes, Monica // Busy Trucks;2006, p12
A chapter of the book "Busy Trucks" is presented. The chapter describes a function of trucks. Some trucks are used to carry cars. The cars are put on the trailers that hooks onto the tractor.
- Behind the curtain. Swallow, Kevin // Commercial Motor;2/21/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5523, p48
The article focuses on the popularity of used curtain-sided trailers in Great Britain. Trailer manufacturer Boalloy claims to have introduced the curtained trailer in the 1960s. Used trailers, with new curtains, are always popular with road transporters and owner-drivers in the country....
- 2012 Trailer Production Figures Table. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/6/2013, p4
A table is presented that shows the North American Truck Trailer Output for 2012.
- Product Profiles. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2004, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p66
Provides information on several products for truck trailers. Tire-SafeGuard tire monitoring system from Reineke Co.; Telescopic service crane from Stellar Industries; Suspension enhancement system from Timbren Industries.
- Fragile haul requires heavy-duty equipment. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p72
Presents information on the tractor trailer combination used by Precision Heavy Haul Inc. to transport a 55-ton parabolic mirror to the Mount Graham International Observatory in Safford, Arizona. Challenges faced by the company in transporting the mirror; Engine of the Kenworth T80 used for the...
- Keeping timber ON THE MOVE. // Forestry & British Timber;Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p26
Reports on a trial of a tractor-trailer combination as an alternative to standard timber haulage in Scotland. Capability to negotiate tarmac council roads; Impact of tractor-trailer combinations on roads; Costs of haulage.
- LABOUR OF LOVE. // Truck & Driver;Dec2002, p72
Reports on the conditions in which twin-trailer logging combinations and their drivers function in the forests of Brazil. Maintenance provided to the trucks to keep them working; Problems in normal operations during rainy seasons.
- Getting hitched. // Truck & Driver;Jul2011, p38
The article discusses the strategy in hitching up a tractor or a trailer. It notes that a step-by-step process must be established for hitching and unhitching to stay safe and keep equipment in one piece. It mentions that handbrake must be applied when coupling to a trailer and suzie cables, air...
- Will trailer OEMs hit a homer in 2013? Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2013, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p6
The author reflects on business prospects for truck trailer original equipment manufacturers in 2013. He explains that truck trailer manufacturers posted their best year in 2012 as the industry managed to sell 300,000 trailers. The manufacturers are said to look to 2013 with cautious optimism...