Grant helps Eaton advance HLA system
- Eaton receives hybrid grant. // Fleet Owner;Jun2008, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the $499,974 technology research and development grant given to Eaton Corp. in Texas. The Houston Advanced Research Center (HARC) grant was established on a project in which the firm's Hydraulic Launch Assist (HLA) technology was installed on 12 refuse trucks. These refuse...
- Eaton shifts gear to rival ZF. // Commercial Motor;9/18/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5046, p13
Reports on the plan of Eaton to enter the British light truck sector with an automated gearbox. Features of the truck developed by Eaton; Implications of the move of Eaton.
- Help lost for greener trucks. Ball, Jennifer // Commercial Motor;1/27/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5113, p8
Reports on the impact of the plan of the British government to cut green truck grants until the European Commission (EC) approves its proposals on commercial vehicle operators. Rules of EC on grant approval; Significance of the grants.
- Euro 5 grants revealed soon. Semple, Jack // Motor Transport;8/3/2006, p8
This article reports that Great Britain's Department for Transport will be in a position to make an announcement in September 2006 on grants for buying Euro 5 trucks. Truck firms say they have been given the same guidance and are reluctant to predict which way the government will jump. Truck...
- ArvinMeritor gets grant for facility in Wales. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Oct2004, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p20
Reports that ArvinMeritor Inc. has received a Regional Selective Assistance grant from the Welsh Assembly Government. Use of the grant to improve the firm's commercial vehicle systems in Cwmbran, Wales; Upgrade of the firm's Heavy-Vehicle Braking systems manufacturing facility; Accommmodation of...
- Brake inspection tool. // Fleet Equipment;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p74
Introduces a new brake lining wear gage for trucks from Eaton Corp. Simplification of the task of brake lining inspection; Accuracy; Ease of use.
- Mack Trucks Upgrades Eaton ABS Availability. // Fleet Equipment;Sep99, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the availability of Eaton antilock braking systems (ABS) as no-charge, data book option at Mack Trucks, Inc. for all medium- and heavy-duty vehicles that are equipped with air brake systems. Standard warranty; Features.
- Navistar technology qualifies for grants. // Fleet Equipment;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the qualification of International Truck and Engine Corp. and IC Bus LLC dealers to apply for government grants to lower the retrofitting costs of their emerging trucks in the U.S. Under the government clean diesel grant programs, all qualified fleets desiring to create...
- International, Eaton to build hybrid utility trucks. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 161 Issue 11, p27
Reports that International Truck and Engine Corp. and Eaton Corp. have announced a pilot program to put 20 hybrid international utility trucks on the road in 2005. Description of hybrid engines; Features of an Eaton hybrid-electric drivetrain; Function of its electric motor during light...