Michelin put in charge of US military tires
- Michelin wins military contracts worth $2.4 B. Dawson, Brad // Tire Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the three new tire contracts won by Michelin Americas Truck Tires from the U.S. military's Defense Supply Center in Columbus, Ohio. The agreement is worth $1.7 billion which calls for the tire company to provide ground tire logistics for every type of wheeled vehicle for...
- U.S. deploys new low-cost, remote controlled vehicle to neutralize roadside bombs. // Geo-Strategy Direct;1/11/2006, p16
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Army to deploy Bombot vehicles in Afghanistan and Iraq. A $9.9 million contract was awarded by the U.S. Department of Defense to Innovative Response Technologies for the supply of 209 Bombot vehicles. The Air Force Research Laboratory Materials and...
- Goodyear, Michelin win big tire contracts. // Rubber & Plastics News;6/13/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 23, p0005
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Defense has awarded a 65 million dollars contract for aircraft tires to Michelin North America Inc. and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- Michelin Receives Four-year Contract to Supply All Terrain Tires for U.S. Military Vehicles. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p45
Reports that the U.S. Military's Tank Auto Command has awarded Michelin North America a contract to supply AZL all terrain radial tires for tactical wheeled vehicles. Details of the contract; Information on the radial tires.
- Michel in, Honeywell form eTire agreement. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2005, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p47
Reports on the three-year agreement between Michelin North America Inc. and Honeywell Inc. to serve and support Michelin eTire System, an electronic tire monitoring system. Provision of fleet managers with tire pressure and tracking information; Ability of maintenance managers to track tire...
- Michelin, USW reach tentative pact. Dawson, Brad // Rubber & Plastics News;8/24/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p1
The article informs that a tentative agreement has been signed between Michelin North America Inc. and the United Steelworkers (USW) on a new contract for workers at the company's BFGoodrich (BFG) tire manufacturing plants. Michelin said that this agreement meets the terms the company believes...
- PU for runflat tyre rings. McNulty, Mike; Shaw, David // Urethanes Technology;Apr/May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p14
Provides information on an agreement between Dow Chemical Co. and Michelin North America Inc. Terms and condition of the deal; Product to be offered by Dow Chemicals under the deal; Significance of the deal to the automotive and polyurethane industry.
- Michelin strike over. Dawson, Brad // Tire Business;8/30/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1
After settling a strike at a BFGoodrich plant in Canada and negotiating a new contract at three BFG plants in the U.S., Michelin North America Inc. has pledged $150 million in new investments to upgrade capacities at the four facilities. About 1,000 United Steelworkers of America members at the...
- USW targeting BFGoodrich for master contract. Dawson, Brad // Tire Business;7/17/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that Michelin North America Inc.'s BFGoodrich (BFG) tire manufacturing unit has been selected by the United Steel workers' (USW) union as the target company for 2006 master contract negotiations in the tire and rubber industry. The focus of the USW is to get a contract...