Volvo plant takes step to help environment
- BEHIND THE SHED. // Logistics Manager;Feb2009, p66
This section offers news briefs related to business logistics. Volvo Trucks has helped to float the latest findraising venture by the RNLI's "Warwick Ladies' Lifeboat Guild." Foreign Secretary David Miliband, took the chance to visit the Port of Tyne to meet Andrew Moffatt, the port's new chief...
- Den Hartogh orders Volvo trucks. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2007, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the procurement of trucks by Den Hartogh Liquid Logistics (DHLL) from the Netherlands-based Volvo Trucks. DHLL's order includes 200 FH tractors powered by the D13 liter-engine and torque of 2,000 Newton meter. The delivery of these heavy equipment will start in February...
- Truck transportation to become climate neutral. // Irish Motor Management;Nov/Dec2007, p24
The article focuses on the carbon dioxide-neutral transport project by Volvo Trucks and the Centre for Environment and Sustainability (GMV) in Sweden. Volvo presented various measures that can lessen the climate impact of the transport industry. It aims that transport will be made more fuel...
- Letting technology do the talking ... Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;1/11/2013, p11
The article looks at the technological innovations made by Volvo Trucks for the trucking industry. Volvo created the remote diagnostics system to enable separation of vital data to share them in its Uptime Center feature to cut vehicle downtime. The system was tested on 1,300 customer-possessed...
- Volvo Trucks rolls out natural gas-powered VNL daycab at MATS. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;3/28/2012, p8
The article previews the Volvo VNL daycab from Volvo Trucks.
- Say 'cheese'. // Truck & Driver;May2013, p21
A photograph is presented of the Volvo FH six-wheeled lift-axle tanker from the company Volvo Trucks.
- Volvo sets up new centre in Kent. Swallow, Kevin // Commercial Motor;2/10/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5419, p51
The article reports that the company Volvo Trucks has opened a Used Truck Center in Hythe, Kent in England.
- SEND IN THE HEAVIES. // Contract Journal;12/6/2006, Vol. 436 Issue 6604, p10
The article evaluates the heavy haulage version of Volvo Trucks 660 horsepower FH16.
- SWEDEN: Volvo Trucks expands range for alternative fuels in North America. // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);6/7/2013, p34
This article reports on the plan of Volvo Trucks to introduce trucks running on DME, an energy-efficient fuel with low environmental impact, in the North American market.