General Motors mulls sale of Allison
- 'WORLD TRANSMISSION' MAKES ITS DEBUT. McCarty, Lyle H. // Design News;10/22/90, Vol. 46 Issue 20, p52
The article reports that Allison Transmission Div. of General Motor Corp., designs and builds more automatic transmissions for medium and large trucks in the U.S. Allison first produced its powershift transmission for off-highway vehicles in 1948 and introduced automatic transmission for trucks...
- Torque converter. // Automotive Engineer;May2012, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p39
The article presents information on the application of torque converters and mentions that Allison Transmissions Inc. Corp. is doing research on exotic alloys and aluminum for reducing weight of automobiles.
- Allison bus transmissions to satisfy Euro V. // Motor Equipment News;Nov2009, p25
The article evaluates the T375 and T375R automatic engines from Allison Transmission.
- Arctic Cat Takes a Bow. // Dealernews;Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p67
This article reports that Arctic Cat Inc.'s entry into the big-bore all terrain vehicles (ATV) market in June 2004 did not go unnoticed. In fact, it appears that all industry eyes were on the company's decision to play in the 500cc and above game. The Thief River Falls, Minnesota-based company...
- Analysis and Design of Automatic Transmission' Hydraulic System based on Logic Analysis. Jinghua Li; Wentao Yu // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 945-949, p1611
Volkswagen AG4 Automatic transmission, for example, was detailed analyzed by logical method from the shifting operation, interlocking of combining elements and failure protection. Shifting operation must first meet the shifting demand, mangy oil line criss-cross in the automatic transmission...
- Allison unit an option on Kenworth T300. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2005, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p102
Introduces the Allison 3000 Highway Series vocational automatic transmission device offered by Kenworth Truck Company. Applications of the product; Features of the transmission system.
- Porsche Buyers Go Semi-Automatic. // Ward's Auto World;Jun2002, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the installation of the Tiptronic S-5 speed automatic transmission in Porsche 911 models according to Porsche Cars North America. Increase in the price of the automobile due to the installation; Rationale behind the installation of the automatic transmission; Speculations on the...
- The shift to automatic: A transmission transition. // Automotive News;7/14/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6316, p6
The article reports on the invention of automatic transmission. It is stated that General Motor Corp. didn't invent the automatic transmission, but made it an institution in the U.S. Today the automatic transmission is clearly the king of the road and more than 90 percent of the cars and trucks...
- Toyota, Aisin explore multispeed automatics. // Automotive News;10/31/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6174, p22HH
This article reports that Toyota Motor Corp. and powertrain specialist Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd. are working on automatic transmissions with more than seven speeds. Today, the seven-speed Mercedes-Benz 7G-tronic is the automatic transmission with the largest number of gear ratios. BMW offers a...