General Motors mulls sale of Allison
- Allison bus transmissions to satisfy Euro V. // Motor Equipment News;Nov2009, p25
The article evaluates the T375 and T375R automatic engines from Allison Transmission.
- The shift to automatic: A transmission transition. // Automotive News;7/14/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6316, p6
The article reports on the invention of automatic transmission. It is stated that General Motor Corp. didn't invent the automatic transmission, but made it an institution in the U.S. Today the automatic transmission is clearly the king of the road and more than 90 percent of the cars and trucks...
- General Motors considers sale of Allison. // Bulk Transporter;Mar2007, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p15
The article reports that General Motors Corp. is seeking strategic options in connection to its Allison Transmission commercial and military operations, including a possible sale of the business in the U.S. The author stated that Allison specializes on designing, engineering, manufacturing, and...
- Torque converter. // Automotive Engineer;May2012, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p39
The article presents information on the application of torque converters and mentions that Allison Transmissions Inc. Corp. is doing research on exotic alloys and aluminum for reducing weight of automobiles.
- Effect of road conditions on the fatigue life of an automatic transmission output shaft. Ilie, S.; Ninic, D.; Stark, H. L.; Tordon, M.; Katupitiya, J. // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;Mar2005, Vol. 219 Issue 3, p337
The analysis reported compares the effects of different road conditions on the fatigue life of a transmission output shaft. Four routes having differing driving conditions were investigated and, of those routes, the route with most stop-start events resulted in the greatest reduction to fatigue...
- Understanding autoboxes. // Professional Manager;Winter2015, p34
The article offers information on automatic transmission systems in automobiles including torque converters, manumatic, and continuously variable transmissions.
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS. WHITELEY, MICHAEL // Evo;Dec2015, Issue 215, p26
The article discusses the automatic transmission of automobile which feature a torque converter in place of a clutch and mentions the significance of dual-clutching over the manual transmission.
- Allison Transmission Announces New Extended Drain Intervals for TranSynd. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p16
Reports that Allison Transmission has extended its drain intervals for TranSynd synthetic automatic transmission fluid (ATF) of automobiles. Purpose of the move; Information on ATF; Details of the drain intervals.
- Automatic downshift. // Fleet Owner;Oct98, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p31
Reports on the introduction of a series of electronically controlled automatic transmissions by Allison Transmission, for the trucks and other vehicles. Details on the control of the transmissions; Comments from Lance Noble, managers of the series at Allison Transmission.