Volvo Trucks sets sales record in 2006
- Heavy trucks up in April. Miller, Joe // Automotive News;5/25/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5767, p24
Presents information on the performance of Class 8 heavy-duty trucks from Volvo Trucks North America Incorporated and Peterbilt Motors Company for April, 1998. Total sales of Volvo's Class 8; Identification of the increase over the same period in 1997; Details on the increase in combined sales...
- Mack Trucks, Volvo reorganize their North American operations. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2008, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks North America have jointly formulated a plan for increasing the efficiency of their North American operations. The business plan include relocation of the head office of Mack from Allentown, Pennsylvania to Greensboro, North Carolina, and a...
- Volvo, Mack officials continue to forecast decrease in Class 8 sales going into 2017. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2016, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the anticipated decline of executives with Volvo Trucks North America and Mack Trucks of the continued decline of Class 8 truck sales in 2017.
- Volvo picks Bridgestone R287 as standard. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2007, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p43
The article reports on the selection of Bridgestone R287 tires as the standard position steer tire for Volvo Trucks North America's Volvo VN and Volvo VT series of highway trucks. The R287 radial tire features tough tread compound and patented Bridgestone Side Groove and Equalizer Rib. Volvo VHD...
- Volvo debuts day cab for heavy hauling. // Fleet Owner;Oct2005, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p41
Reports that Volvo Trucks North America has introduced the VT 800, a daycab version of its VT 880. Key specifications; Contact information.
- VOLVO. // Fleet Owner;Jul2006, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p78
The article evaluates Volvo Trucks North America's VN 730 and VT 830 Class 8 sleeper trucks. The mid-roof models aim at meeting customer demands for more fuel-efficient tractor options for pulling low-height van trailers, tankers, flatbeds, lowboys and intermodal containers. Sleeper and bunk...
- Eyeing greater fuel efficiency. // Fleet Owner;May2011, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) Inc. expects its Class 8 sales to top 220,000 units with buyers focusing on fuel efficiency. Ron Huibers, senior vice president-sales and marketing for Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA), asserts that as large fleets began replacing older...
- Money talks. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Sep97, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p102
Focuses on information related to the Volvo Trucks North America. Reason for the company's name change; Investigation by the European Union Commission into subsidies granted to Volvo Truck by the Swedish government; Predictions of a decrease in the European truck market, by Volvo's chief...
- Volvo drives truckers online to customize their own rigs. Teasdale, Sara // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Mar1998, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p23
States that Volvo Trucks North America is promoting its web site potential to reach customers. What the site offers; Comments from Jim Lesinski, director of marketing communications and research at Volvo Trucks; When the web site was introduced.