Hendrickson building suspension plant
- Top job of last resort? Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p8
The author comments on the plan of Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher to train truck drivers using funding set aside for building employment in high-growth industries, in 2006. The author applauds the Entrepreneurial Trucking Initiatives' aims towards unemployed and underemployed. However, the...
- Hendrickson building suspension plant. // Bulk Transporter;Apr2007, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the participation of Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher in the breaking ceremony of the$24.3 million trailer suspension plant of Hendrickson Trailer Suspension Systems company in Somerset. The plant is a 160,000-square-foot facility that will open in summer 2007. Production...
- Construction underway for Benson plant. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2005, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the commencement of the construction of the manufacturing facility of Benson International Inc. in Cadiz, Kentucky. Number of the people who attended the event; Participation of Kentucky governor Ernie Fletcher; Advantage of the facility to Benson.
- DISPATCH FROM THE RED STATES. // Advocate;5/23/2006, Issue 963, p20
The article offers news briefs related to gays in Kentucky. An executive order was signed by Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher concerning the repeal of anti-discrimination protections for gay and transgender state employees. Twenty-year-old student Jason Johnson was expelled from the University...
- The park brought jobs. Hudson, Patti // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p18
Reports on an increase in employment in Union County, Oregon, due to the opening of the industrial park in that county. Comments from John Howard, county commissioner; Statistics on unemployment rates in Eastern Oregon, during 1997 and 1998; Cost of lots at the park, per acre.
- GE Aviation Expands in China. // Site Selection;May/Jun2009, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p282
The article reports on the opening of a systems manufacturing facility by GE Aviation Systems in Suzhuo, China. GE is a unit of General Electric Co. opens the facility at the Suzhou Industrial Park. The facility will manufacture autoclaved composite parts, mechanical fabrications and civil...
- Factory life-cycles. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun2002, Vol. 125 Issue 6, p66
Examines the patterns of employment volatility on factories from the articles presented by senior columnist Aubhik Khan of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. Focus on the excess of job creation and destruction of the rates; Explanations of the employment volatility; Discussion of the...
- Creston to get two employers. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);9/26/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, pA3
Reports plans of companies to open complementary manufacturing plants in Creston, Washington. Employment generation; Overview of the companies; Role of the public development authority.
- SHORT HAULS. // Overdrive;Mar2007, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p86
The article offers news briefs related to the transportation industry of the U.S. Port of Los Angeles will be testing electric tractors. Ernie Fletcher, Governor of Kentucky will be breaking the ground for a $24.3 million trailer axle and suspension plant. Transportation companies under the...