Trans Supply Co being sold to Hedgewood
- Growth of revenue, profits make business valuable. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;11/22/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p10
The article provides an answer to a question of how make a saleable asset after retirement.
- SELLING YOUR PRACTICE AT RETIREMENT. Beazoglou, Tryfon; Bailit, Howard // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Dec2000, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p1693
Focuses on the sale of the dental practice for retirement income in the United States. Analysis on the imbalance between the number of retirees and graduates; Factors influencing the value of practices; Implications of the trend in dentistry for dentists; Concern of dentists on the sale price...
- Titan sold to RFF as Proops retires. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Jul2011, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p5
The article reports that Jim Proops, the founder and managing director of refrigeration component distributor Titan Engineering, has decided to retire and has sold the company to valve manufacturer Le Robinet Frigorifique FranÃ§ais.
- Cashing Out. CASE, INGRID // Financial Planning;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p71
The article discusses the dilemma of business owners who wanted to sell their businesses in the midst of collapsing financial markets. Many business owners are considering selling their businesses so they can have a comfortable retirement. Business owners should consider several factors when...
- Make a plan to sell. Rosanowski, Paul // NZ Business;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p58
The article focuses on the importance of preparing for a time when a business must be sold in New Zealand, especially with most of the small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) being owned by people over 50 years of age who will be looking forward to their retirement. It offers some exit strategies for...
- PSYCHIC WORLD. ANN, ANN // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);12/2/2013, Vol. 64 Issue 49, p91
The article presents an advisory column on various concerns and dilemmas including whether leaving a job due to unhappiness is the right thing to do, whether one should retire before turning 65-years-old and whether selling a business is practical for a 59-year-old person.
- Don't fall prey to common myths about net worth. McShane, Peter K. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/20/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p19
Discusses several myths about improving business value in the United States. Claims that the value of business will support retirement; Sale of business enterprises; Use of sales to increase the value of company.
- Don't Be Asleep at the Switch. Waugh, Troy // Practical Accountant;Jun2007 Supplement, Vol. 40, p22
The article examines the increase in the acquisition opportunities of accounting firms in the U.S. The author explains that this opportunity came from the aging of founding owners of accounting firms. He explains that majority of these owners are willing to give up their equity in their firms in...
- FOR SALE. EDMONDS, RON // Nursery Management;Oct2011, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p24
The article offers advice on when to sell one's business. It is said that being ready to sell requires being financial and mental readiness. Being financially ready means having evaluated the outcome of the sale in the context of one's financial situation, such as retirement. Questions to...