10 YEARS AGO
- Phillips forms joint venture in Qatar for grassroots ethylene, PE and hexene. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;05/26/97, Vol. 251 Issue 21, p1
Reports that Phillips Petroleum Co. and Qatar General Petroleum Corp. have signed an agreement for a new joint venture petrochemical complex to be built in the Mesaieed industrial area of Qatar. Background information on the companies; Terms of the agreement; Construction on a $750 million...
- Dow may join Qatar group in new petchems venture... Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/27/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 46, p20
Reports on petrochemical companies' interest in forming a partnership with Qatar General Petroleum Corp. to build a petrochemical complex at Umm Said. Project as tied to Qatar's natural gas liquids development plans; Channeling of ethane to the petrochemical complex as feedstock; Dow Chemical...
- Phillips studies Qatar plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/21/97, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p6
Reports on Phillips Petroleum Co.'s signing of a memorandum of understanding with Qatar General Petroleum Corp. and Sasol Ltd. to conduct feasibility study of a gas-to-liquids project in Qatar.
- Phillips picked for Qatar project. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/28/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the joint venture of Qatar General Petroleum Corporation and Phillips Petroleum to build a petrochemical complex at Umm Said. Location site of the complex; Schedule of the construction of the complex; Information about the competition between Dow Chemical and Phillips which is tied...
- QGPC signs $750m deal. // Chemical Business;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p82
Reports that Phillips Petroleum and Qatar General Petroleum Corp. have signed an agreement for a joint venture Petrochemical complex. Division of shares between the two companies; Volume of ethylene that can be produced; Use of Phillips' metallocene catalyst.
- Phillips invites bids for Qatar study. // Chemical Week;7/30/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 29, p19
Reports that Phillips Petroleum has invited bids from United States, European and Japanese companies for its planned petrochemical joint venture with Qatar General Petroleum Corporation. When the partners plan to finalize their joint venture agreement; Information on the letter of intent signed...
- Phillips plant to boost key feedstock for PE. // Plastics News;10/13/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p30
Reports on plans by Phillips Petroleum Company to enhance its feedstock status, with reference to the construction of a Hexene-1 plant at its chemical complex in Pasadena, Texas. Information on Hexene-1; When construction of the plant is expected to commence.
- DOW ADDS METALLIZATION CAPACITY. // Chemical Week;11/7/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 27, p25
The article discusses the expansion of metallization production at the facility of Dow Chemical in Cheonan, Korea that is scheduled to be completed by June 2012.
- EniChem & QGPC In TDI Venture. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/22/99, Vol. 256 Issue 21, p8
Reports that EniChem and Qatar General Petroleum Company (QGPC) have agreed to build a toluene diisocyanate plant in Qatar, using EniChem's technology. Requirements of the deal before it could be finalized; Benefit of the deal to EniChem; Percentage of ownership that EniChem and QGPC will have...