Gift horses the mane thing
- Lead and cadmium in soft plastic toys. Kumar, Abhay; Pastore, Prashant // Current Science (00113891);9/25/2007, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p818
It is widely accepted that no level of lead or cadmium in the blood should be considered safe for children and hence every effort should be made to ensure that their environment remains free from any such toxic metals. Toys made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) are potentially toxic to children as...
- ICIS INNOVATION AWARDS 2006 CELEBRATING THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/16/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 14, Special section p2
The article offers information on the 2006 ICIS publications Innovation Awards presented to the chemical industry. The plasticizer for flexible polyvinyl chloride developed by German chemical firm BASF is described. Background on Sto, the winner of the best innovation by a small and medium-sized...
- Grand designs. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/16/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 14, Special section p4
The article features the Hexamoll DINCH non-phthalate based plasticisers for use in flexible polyvinyl chloride from BASF. Background on the production plant that produces the product in Ludwigshafen, Germany is presented. According to European business head for plasticisers and solvents...
- Getting the lead out of toys. // Herizons;Winter99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
Reports on Health Canada's warning in November 1999 on the health risks of toys made with softened polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Calls by health organizations for the government to take action on all PVC toys containing plasticizers; List of teethers and rattles that do not contain PVC plasticizers.
- 'Revolutionary' all-plastic window profile unwrapped. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;4/28/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p0004
The article discusses the Chinese building products maker Dalian Shide Group Co. Ltd.'s partnership with the German chemicals company BASF SE and their development of an all-plastic window profile. Topics include details on the materials of the window including polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and...
- Your Business In Brief. // Plastics Technology;Jul2006, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p56
Presents an update on plastics industry and trade. Plan of Georgia Gulf Corp. to purchase polyvinyl chloride producer Royal Group Technologies Ltd.; Completion of an acquisition deal between BASF AG of Germany and Engelhard Corp.; Intention of Ferro Corp. to sell its Specialty Plastics unit.
- Automotive under-the-hood engineered plastics advances. Rosato, Don // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Sep2012, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p37
The article reports on the major role played by engineered plastics in automotive vehicles. Among the engineered volume polymers used in the industry are polypropylene, polyethylene, and polyvinyl chloride. Information is also presented on several engineered plastics advances such as DuPont...
- Merger between BASF and Solvay could trigger further alliances. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/12/98, Vol. 254 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the proposed merger of the European polyvinyl chloride (PVC) operations of Solvay and BASF. Implications of the move for the region's PVC sector; Details of the Solvay-BASF venture; Breakdown of the market shares of the PVC sector's key producers in the region; Strategies for the...
- New packaging for Luviskol: Consistent quality for hair care products. Athalye, A. S. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2012, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p56
The article offers information on the thin plastic film packaging for the Luviskol range of high-molecular-weight powders from BASF.