Saicm progress sized up
- Nowhere to hide. Mitchell, Jennifer D. // World Watch;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the global exposure of living organisms to high-risk synthetic chemicals. Reported deformities in amphibians across North America; Speculation on the role of synthetic chemicals on the deformities; Shortage of complete testing on the developmental effects of chemicals before release;...
- Chlorine industry jockeys in run-up to North Sea Conference. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;2/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the self-improvement initiatives for the European chlorine industry outlined by the Euro-Chlor in response to the recommended phase-out of mercury-cell chlorine production by 2010. Costs of conversion to newer membrane cell technology; Response from regulators; Designing of the...
- Green challenge to Indian chemical industry. Chatterjee, Dipak // Chemical Business;Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p31
Focuses on the Eighth Acharya P.C. Ray Memorial Lecture delivered by the author on August 21, 1998 at Calcutta, India, on the environmental challenges facing the chemical industry. Growth and value of the industry; Major conventions to which India is a signatory; Chemicals included in the list...
- HUNDREDS OF MAN-MADE CHEMICALSâ€”IN OUR AIR, OUR WATER, AND OUR FOODâ€”COULD BE DAMAGING THE MOST BASIC BUILDING BLOCKS OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT. Daly, Gay // Onearth;Winter2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p21
The article focuses on the negative effects of man-made chemicals on the environment and on human development. The manufacture and use of man-made chemicals has evidently resulted to the emergence of epidemics and communicable diseases. Various laws were enacted for environmental protection and...
- Development of a novel herbicide, metazosulfuron. Manabu SAEKI; Tetsuhiko YANO; Yoshihiko NAKAYA; Yoshitake TAMADA // Journal of Pesticide Science;2016, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p102
Metazosulfuron is a novel sulfonylurea herbicide discovered and developed by Nissan Chemical Industries, Ltd., which exhibits excellent herbicidal activity against Echinochloa spp., annual and perennial weeds including sulfonylurea resistant biotypes in paddy fields at 60-120 g a.i./ha with good...
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;12/13/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 30, p27
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry including the continued decline in the use of certain solvents due to environmental and toxicological concerns and the start of operations of ASK Chemicals, a foundry chemicals joint venture by SÃ¼d-Chemie and Ashland.
- Cleaner ways of making chemicals. Raghavan, R.V. // Chemical Business;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p5
Editorial. Provides information on how to manufacture environmentally clean chemicals. Minimization option for chemical discharges; Benefits of cleaner synthesis in manufacturing chemicals; Factors for evaluating options for cleaner synthesis.
- Testing Costs and Testing Capacity According to the REACH Requirements -- Results of a Survey of Independent and Corporate GLP Laboratories in the EU and Switzerland. Fleischer, Manfred // Journal of Business Chemistry;Sep2007, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p96
This study focuses on the prices for laboratory testing services and testing capacity in nine of the major European chemicals producing countries. The purpose is to bridge the existing gap of a representative study on test prices and the available testing capacity. At the core are seventy-six...
- Carbon Black. // Chemical Business;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p43
Discusses the production of carbon black. Raw materials of carbon black; Manufacturing processes and feedstocks for the production of carbon black; Impact of the production of carbon black on the environment.