GE taps into environment spotlight
- NestlÃ© jettisons eco-packaging. // Marketing (00253650);6/20/2007, p2
The article reports that NestlÃ© UK Ltd. has withdrawn the biodegradable plastic packaging used in its boxed-chocolates in Great Britain. A spokeswoman of the company states that its move follows the emergence of technical problems with the performance of the Plantic trays, which are designed...
- Discover Offers a Biodegradable Card. // American Banker;12/12/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 239, p6
The article reports on the credit card company Discover Financial Services. As a part of the green movement in business Discover has created a payment card which is made from biodegradable materials polyvinyl chloride. Customers can request the cards which are identifiable by the logo on the...
- Chemson Polymer-Additive sets up Austrian plant. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2008, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p64
The article reports on a new polyvinyl chloride (PVC) stabilisers plant built by European additive manufacturer Chemson Polymer-Additive in Arnoldstein, Austria. It states that this stabiliser unit, established in response to the growing demand for environmentally friendly lead-free products, is...
- UN: Biodegradable plastics are not the answer to reducing marine litter. // Chemistry in Australia;Mar2016, p10
The article discusses a report on the role of biodegradable plastics in reducing marine litter released by the United Nations (UN). It states that adoption of biodegradable plastics does not decrease of the volume of plastics that enter the ocean and the public's preference to litter. It also...
- WHERE'S THE WASTE? // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;04/16/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 23, p1
Discusses how energy and water conservation can help protect the environment.
- 'ALLIANCE TO SAVE ENERGY' OFFERS TIPS TO SAVE ENERGY. // Industrial Environment;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p8
Presents some ways to save water and cut home energy bills from the Alliance to Save Energy.
- Home trial. // Utility Week;2/19/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the launch of the Tap into Savings Scheme, the biggest water and energy saving project in Great Britain.
- Conserve Water and Energy. // Munday Courier (TX);8/11/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p1
The article presents the call of Mayor Adrin Fletcher to the citizens of Munday, Texas to conserve water and reduce the demand in electrical power due to drought and hot temperature.
- PVC flooring has been shown to result in less energy costs. Thornton, William // Hospitality Construction;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p88
The article discusses the advantages of using polyvinyl chloride (PVC) flooring to reduce energy costs. PVC flooring has been shown to result in approximately one-half of the typical energy costs for its manufacture. Since PVC is recyclable, choose a manufacturer of vinyl flooring who reuses...