BOC launches NH3 recovery
- High-yield route for better hydrogen storage. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Aug2008, Issue 806, p18
The article discusses research being done on a synthesis route for ammonia borane. It references a study by David Heldebrant and colleagues, published in "Energy and Environmental Science." Study researchers designed a one-pot synthesis for ammonia borane, which they claimed could address the...
- Industrial Safety Analysis of Accidents Involving Ammonia, with Special Regard to Cold-Storage Facilities. KOCSIS, Zoltán; DOBOR, József; KÓRÓDI, Gyula; KUK, Eniko // AARMS: Academic & Applied Research in Military & Public Manageme;01/01/2015, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p273
Anhydrous ammonia is widely used in industry and it is one of the most dangerous materials produced, transported and used in largest quantities. From the viewpoint of industrial safety, this material is essential, as it is present at almost every branch office of disaster management, and the...
- Chemical containers. // Professional Safety;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p57
Features Nalco Chemical Co.'s Porta-Feed Advanced Chemical Handling System, a line of chemical containers.
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;8/18/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the construction of several storage terminals by different companies. Gujarat Chemical Port Co.'s petrochemical terminal in India; Port of Marseilles' search for a public terminal facility; Plans of Mitsubishi and Chi Mei Trading to build a foreign-funded terminal in Ningpo, China;...
- Plants Might be Reclassified. Huffman, J. Mark // Dairy Foods;Nov2006, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act of the United States, that requires the chemical plants to increase security. As some of the dairy companies store anhydrous ammonia, a chemical used in refrigeration process, dairy processing industries may be...
- Ammonia Safety and Training Institute receives new info on ammonia safety. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;08/25/97, Vol. 201 Issue 17, p28
Reports on the Ammonia Safety and Training Institute's (Watsonville, California) receipt of information from Sweden regarding the flammability range of ammonia.
- Estimating ammonia releases. Richards, Bill // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p46
Present guidelines and formulas from the International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration for accurate reporting of ammonia releases to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Estimation of gas and liquid releases; Estimation of safety relief valve releases; Estimation of releases in...
- Output up as gas prices ease. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2045, p12
Looks at the market performance of ammonia producers in the U.S. during the second quarter of 2003. Revival of chemical plant operations.
- Ammonia bosts alkalis. // Chemical Week;5/15/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 19, p34
Reports that the experimental growth in global ammonia production will help boost the inorganic alkalis market, according to Frost & Sullivan.