Sellers' margins are squeezed
- Evaluation of Palm Biodiesel -- Diesel Blending Properties, Storage Stability and Corrosion Behavior. Mat, Ramli; Yuhaidi, Wan Nurul Aini Wan Nor; Kamaruddin, Mohd Johari; Hassan, Onn // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 695, p265
Palm Biodiesel, which can be produced from transesterification palm oil with methanol, is an alternative fuel for diesel engines. It can be mixed with diesel fuels and used in diesel engines with no or slight modification. Therefore, in this study, commercially available diesel fuel was blended...
- Now palm oil, but what's next? // British Baker;4/8/2011, p11
The article focuses on the removal of palm oil following the issues regarding its sustainability and sourcing in Great Britain.
- Palm Oil's Fatty Secret. // Bicycling;Jul2014, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p30
The article presents information on palm oil.
- High prices prompt Malaysian move to palm. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/3/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the government's plan to build three palm oil biodiesel plants in Malaysia. Aim to help reduce the country's dependence on petroleum; Capacity of each plant per year; Budget for the construction of the plants.
- commodity prices: palm kernel oil prices slump. // Grocer;7/19/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8164, p18
The article reports on the decline in the prices of palm kernel oil in June 2014, with European Union (EU) price dropping 10 percent month on month due to strong supply from major producing countries while British price declined because of the warm weather.
- Desempenho de diferentes lipases imobilizadas na sï¿½ntese de biodiesel de ï¿½leo de palma. dos Santos Silva, Grazielle; Inoue, Dayana Yuri; Dors, Gisanara; Junior, Agenor Furigo; de Castro, Heizir Ferreira // Acta Scientiarum: Technology;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p197
Optimized conditions for palm oil and ethanol enzymatic biodiesel synthesis were determined with different immobilized lipases SiO2-PVA-immobilized lipase from Pseudomonas fluorescens and acrylic resin-immobilized lipase, Novozymï¿½435, from Candida antartica, in solvent-free medium. A full...
- Biodiesel from Adsorbed Waste Oil on Spent Bleaching Clay using CaO as a Heterogeneous Catalyst. Lim, Boey Peng; Maniam, Gaanty Pragas; Hamid, Shafida Abd // European Journal of Scientific Research;Jul2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p347
Oil-laden spent bleaching clay (SBC) is currently under-utilized by dumping it in landfills without any attempt to recover the oil. Therefore, effort has been made to extract the waste oil using different solvents (methanol, ethanol, petroleum ether, and hexane), and utilize the oil in...
- Comparative Analysis of Fuel Characteristics of Bio-Diesel Produced from Selected Oil-Bearing Seeds in Nigeria. Oghenejoboh, K. M.; Umukoro, P. O. // European Journal of Scientific Research;8/21/2011, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p238
The fuel characteristics of biodiesel produced from palm oil, palm kernel oil, jatropha seed oil and rubber seed oil as compared to petroleum diesel were investigated. Biodiesel yields from the various oils were: palm oil (89.8%), palm kernel (91.2%), jatropha (96.8%) and Rubber seed (96.2%)....
- Calcination Temperature of Nano MgO Effect on Base Transesterification of Palm Oil. Yacob, Abdul Rahim; Asyraf Amat Mustajab, Mohd Khairul; Samadi, Nur Syazeila // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Aug2009, Issue 32, p408
Nano MgO has been synthesized by hydration and dehydration method by modifies the commercial MgO. The prepared MgO had been investigated as a heterogeneous base catalyst for transesterification process for biodiesel production using palm oil. TGA, FT-IR and XRD results obtained from this study...