Ticona looks to up output
- Ticona licenses polymer to make plastic circuits. // Connector Specifier;Dec2003, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the agreement between LPKF Laser & Electronics and Ticona for the license of the Vectra liquid-crystal polymer technology. Results of the combined LPKF laser-direct-structuring process and the Vectra polymer material; Discussion of the laser-based process; Electronic devices to...
- Ticona Introduces Engineering Thermoplastic Fuel Cell. Cargaro, Kyle // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/13/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 15, p6
The article report that, Ticona, the technical polymers business of the Celanese Group, has introduced the first fuel cell prototype made solely of engineering thermoplastics. The 17-cell unit contains injection molded bipolar plates of Vectra liquid crystal polymer (LCP) and end plates of...
- EXPANSION TICONA. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;5/24/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2101, p28
Reports on the 2004 plan of Ticona to expand its liquid crystal polymer (LCP) capacity in Shelby, North Carolina. Reason behind the plan; Percentage increase in Vectra LCP production expected from the company.
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/29/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p3
Presents news developments concerning the chemical industry, current as of March 29, 2004. Increase of plant production capacity of Ticona; Filing of anti-dumping petition by domestic polyethylene terephthalate producers; Opening of antioxidants facility in China by Ciba Specialty Chemicals.
- Focusing on precision. // Machine Design;11/9/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 21, p123
The article evaluates the biocompatible polybutylene terephthalate polymer called Celanex PBT 2402 MT from Ticona.
- Optical amplification with high gain in hybrid-polymer-liquid-crystal structures. Kajzar, F.; Bartkiewicz, S.; Miniewicz, A. // Applied Physics Letters;5/17/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p2924
Examines the efficient coherent light amplification with very high net exponential gain in sandwich-type hybrid-polymer-crystal structures. Energy exchange between two beams in a two-coupling experiment which caused the amplification; Measurement of gain coefficient in a tilted sample...
- Homogeneous pattern selection and director instabilities of nematic liquid crystal polymers induced by elongational flows. Forest, M. Gregory; Wang, Qi; Qi Wang; Zhou, Hong; Hong Zhou // Physics of Fluids;Mar2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3
We characterize homogeneous patterns, their stability, and phase transitions in nematic liquid crystal polymers (LCPs) with imposed elongational flows. We combine the flow-induced analysis of order parameters by See et al. [J. Chem. Phys. 92, 792 (1990)], Bhave et al. [J. Rheol. 37, 413 (1993)],...
- LCPs are moving into blow molded bottles. // Plastics Technology;Jun96, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the plans for liquid-crystal polymers (LCP) to be moved into multilayer polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. Characteristics of LCP; Features of Superex Polymers' development of an all-plastic beer bottle of PET and a thin layer of LCP; Comment by Superex president Richard Lusignea.
- Dynamical studies of gratings formed in polymer-dispersed liquid crystal films. Fuh, Andy Y.-G.; Ko, T.-C.; Tsai, M.-S.; Huang, C.-Y. // Journal of Applied Physics;1/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p679
Demonstrates the use of polymer-dispersed liquid crystal films to fabricate gratings. Information on liquid crystals; Details on the experiments used for the demonstration; Results and analysis of the experiments.