India: is it a case of misplaced optimism?
- Untitled. Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;
The article reports that China's economic growth is threatened by a debt crisis as of February 10, 2014. Topics discussed include the growth of the petrochemicals markets in terms of volumes over the last 10 years, polyolefins producers' refusal to acknowledge the debt crisis citing China's high...
- ANOTHER YEAR OF WOE. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/9/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 1, p19
The article focuses on problems faced by the polymer market of Europe, North America and Asia. Europe faced the problem of price instability followed by product shortages in 2005. The shortage is caused by a series of feedstock outages and unexpected closures at a number of plastic production...
- India: Industry energized under new government. // Chemical Week;2/23/2015, p42
The article discusses the business performance of the chemical industry in India. It highlights the increase demand of gross domestic product (GDP) in the fast-growing major emerging market. It also notes that the Indian government aims to improve the living standards of the rural population as...
- markets & economics. Cage, Sam; Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;8/22/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32, p30
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry as of August 22, 2001. Decline in the demand and prices of polyolefins in Europe in August 2001; Plan of Huntsman company to increase ethylene glycol production at its Port Neches, Texas; Decline in the prices of polyvinyl chloride in July 2001.
- It's a slow start to the year. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/12/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 2, p38
The article presents market trends and data related to the chemical industry in the U.S. It tackles the performance and market of crude oil, polyolefins and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) for 2008. It highlights the flow of crude oil spot prices and the forecast of the sector's future. Related issues...
- A return to the peak? Coles, Rick; Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;3/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 438, p14
Analyzes the potential for profitability in the Asian olefins and polyolefins markets despite high naphtha costs as of March 2004. Cause for optimism among polyethylene producers in terms of margins; Outlook on North American exports to Asia; Market strength in favor of Asian cracker operators...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/21/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p21
Covers update on the plastics and coatings industry as of January 21, 2002. Prospects of another price increase for polyethylene in 2002; Price hike plans of Baselll for polypropylene; Range of price increases among polyvinyl chloride producers in the United States.
- Sellers look to cover Q2 hikes. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p42
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry as of April 3, 2006. European polyolefin producers struggled to increase prices through March 2006, with demand generally sluggish and material mostly in good supply. March 2006 saw European PVC producers continue their attempts...
- Polyolefin & PVC hikes flounder. Sherman, Lilli Manolis; Schut, Jan H. // Plastics Technology;Jun98, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p73
Reports failure of producers to increase prices of polyolefin and polyvinyl chloride in the United States as of June 1998. Speculation on further price decrease; Impact of pricing pattern on resin producers; List of market prices effective May 1998.