PPG mulls over options
- PPG May Sell Fine Chemicals, Auto Glass Businesses. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses the possibility that PPG Industries may sell its fine chemicals and automotive glass operations. PPG says the potential divestiture is part of an ongoing process that includes a review of the company's array of operating segments in relation to the overall strategic and...
- M&A Hols Up, but Big Deals are Scarce. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;10/29/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 39, p9
Reports on the state of merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. chemical industry, according to a study conducted by investment bank Young & Partners in 2003. Decrease in the total value of deals completed in the first nine months; Rate of deals volume; Consequences of the long economic...
- Sound advice. Williams, Dede; Odriscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;11/28/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2173, p25
The article looks at the importance of financial counseling to the restructuring and investment activities of chemical companies. According to Close Brothers general manager and partner Wolfgang Kazmierowski, spin-off and management buyout chemical firms need assistance in thinking like...
- Nexen to Spin Off Chemicals. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/24/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 4, p4
Reports that energy company Nexen Inc. is looking to spin off its chemicals business in order to fund a $2.1 billion dollar acquisition of EnCana Corp.'s North Sea oil and gas properties. Chemicals business produces chloralkali and sodium chlorate; Unit generated revenues of $286 million over...
- Altana Plans to Spin Off Chemicals; Acquires Pigments Maker. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/10/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the plan of Altana to spin off its Altana Chemie specialty chemicals business through a separate listing in 2006. Acquisition of Eckart, a family-owned manufacturer of metallic effect pigments and metallic printing inks; Reason for the decision of the company to spin off its chemical...
- Snapshot Analysis. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p54
Reports on the 25 largest corporate divestitures in 1998. Trends indicating that mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are running at a much-faster pace than corporate sell-offs; Use of divestitures in corporate restructuring.
- PPG Buys ICI Unit for $684M. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jun99, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p6
States the plan of PPG Industries of acquiring the automotive refinishing and industrial coatings business of Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI). Tentative date of expected completion of purchase; ICI facility sites that PPG plans to acquire.
- PPG to Acquire ICI Business. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun99, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p18
Reports acquisition agreement between PPG Industries and ICI PLC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. List of ICI businesses to be acquired; Terms of the agreement; Impact of the acquisition on multi-brand strategy of PPG; Statistics on 1998 combined revenue of businesses acquired.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2044, p6
Presents news briefs related to chemical companies in Europe as of March 17, 2003. Stock acquisition of Austrian investment company Aurora Holding in Hungary's BorsodChem; Possible takeover bid of Henkel for Wella company; Divestiture deal between Pfizer and Galen Holdings.