â€¦and projects face more delays
- â€¦and projects face more delays. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/5/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p15
This article reports that petrochemical plants in the Persian Gulf Region are expected to face continued delays as new projects grapple with a shortage of skilled labour and increasing costs. A senior European engineering group executive said contractors in Saudi Arabia pushed costs up by as...
- A time to reflect. James, Ed // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/21/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 16, p60
The article discusses the threats posed by the improving petrochemicals project market to the contractors in Saudi Arabia in 2006. The explosion in project work and the limited number of contractors would increase construction costs. In this regard, even the common convertible lump-sum contract,...
- Too ambitious, too soon? Hariharan, Malini; Tan, Clara; Tan, Florence // Asian Chemical News;3/28/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 484, p18
Discusses several factors affecting the completion of the No 6 olefin cracker project of the National Petrochemical Co. in Iran as of March 2005. Mandatory policy for foreign contractors to collaborate with local contractors; Lack of project management skills; Construction cost.
- Sanctions blunt Tehran's ambitions. Mirza, Adal // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/8/2009, Vol. 53 Issue 19, p32
The article offers information on the impact of the trade sanctions of the United Nations (UN) on the petrochemicals industry in Tehran, Iran. Trade sanctions have affected infrastructure investment in the petrochemicals industry made by its neighboring countries. Iran is predicted to suffer a...
- Venezuela's petchems industry struggles with oil slump. QUIJADA, RINA // Chemical Week;3/23/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p82
The article offers information on the implications of the slump of oil prices on the petrochemical industry in Venezuela. It states that the decline of oil prices is detrimental to the industry because it resulted to the decrease of investments and skilled manpower. Moreover, ways on how the...
- Competitive Landscape. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q3 2008, p44
The article reports on the state of the competitive landscape in the petroleum chemicals industry in 2008. Producers are prompted by the uncertainty that prevails over the potential impact of feedstock prices on profitability to focus on incremental production through organisational...
- Petrochemical Margins Are Expected to Face a Fourth Quarter Squeeze. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/18/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the financial forecast for the petrochemical industries in Europe for the year 2002. Improvement in profit margins; Oversupply in the market; Decline in feedstock costs.
- The cowing slowdown. Swanson, Andrew // ICIS Chemical Business;3/31/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 13, p22
The article presents the author's comments on the global petrochemical industry which continues to fall in 2008. He says that the sector had a solid 2007 despite major headwinds, but the down cycle will start to manifest itself in 2008 and beyond. An expectation that the industry could maintain...
- NEW PROJECTS SUMMARY. // Asian Chemical News;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 401, p18
Presents a chart on the projects of petrochemical companies as of May 2003. Project capacity; Contractors for company projects; Costs of the petrochemical projects.