Booming China and India see use of polymers soar
- PVC hikes put pressure on buyers. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2094, p13
Highlights trends in the European commodity polymers market in March 2004. Key question facing market players on demand levels; Reason behind the decline in volume sales in February; Cost pressures facing plastics producers; Rise in linear low-density polyethylene prices; Price hike plans of...
- Bulk Polymers. // CIREC Monthly News;Oct2012, Issue 262, p10
The article presents information related to the financial trends in bulk polymer industry in Russia as of September 2012. It is stated that 255,100 tons of PVC imports into Russia were reported in the first eight months of this year, which represents a 28% decrease as compared to the same period...
- Concerns may dilute July optimism. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 498, p22
Presents an update on prices in several polymer markets in Asia as of July 2005. Polyethylene; Polyvinyl Chloride; Polypropylene. INSET: LDPE-LLDPE PRICE GAP WIDENS AGAIN.
- Polymer Producers Try to Eliminate Price Protection. Sim, Peck Hwee; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the effort of polyolefin producers to eliminate or shorten the price protection period in the U.S. Information on the escalation of feedstock costs; Impact of the price protection policy on polyethylene producers; Prices of polypropylene.
- Polymer Producers Try to Eliminate Price Protection. // Chemical Week;2/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the efforts of polyolefin producers to eliminate or shorten the price protection period in the U.S. Information on the escalation of feedstock costs; Impact of the price protection policy on polyethylene producers; Prices of polypropylene.
- April price push disappoints. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p46
The article provides information on market trends related to the plastics industry as of May 2006. Targeted price increases fall short in April, despite the relentless rise of raw material costs, but producers insist that hikes are possible in May. The push from increased olefins in second...
- Attention turns to contracts. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/7/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 20, p38
The article focuses on the market trends of several chemical products. It is reported that U.S. ethylene margins fell by 20 percent in May 2010 due to a drop in prices. It is stated that the prices for Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP) cargoes in Middle East have fallen by 3.6 percent...
- HdPE heads West. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/29/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 470, p22
Reports on the market trends for polymer chemicals as of November 2004. Impact of limited supply of low density polyethylene on its price; Decline in polypropylene film-grade prices; Expected effect of the decreasing styrene costs and demand on Poly(Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) manufacturers.
- A theoretical synthesis of polymers by using uniform localization of molecular orbitals: Proposal of an elongation method. Imamura, Akira; Aoki, Yuriko; Maekawa, Koji // Journal of Chemical Physics;10/1/1991, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p5419
The elongation method, a new approach to calculating the electronic structure of polymers efficiently, is proposed as a model for real polymerization reactions following the normal chain reaction processes of initiation, propagation, and termination. The calculations are carried out by repeating...